Carrying Bikes Inside, Carriers/brackets That Fits To California/caravelle Rails?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just wondering if there's anything off the shelf to mount a bike to, that fits in the California rails? Or is it a case of getting the appropriate rail fixings/tee bolts (where from?) and getting something fabricated up?
I was thinking ideally front wheel off and a sliding clamp that bolts through the front axle that will fit in the rail system, could carry 2 MTBs then facing opposing ways....?

I need whatever it is to be removable (hence wanting to fit them to the Cali rails) as it's used as a camper too when not carrying bikes.

I use a saris traps triple rail with a load of attachments made by delta to suit different Axle sizes. I then use the rear most lashing points to run a cable tie around to stop it sliding about.

4240520A-A154-468F-AED7-4FCA9E01BE47.jpeg

Thanks for the replies so far. The full width thing won't work for me as I'll have units down one side.
I haven't got the rails in yet so can't measure, but will the units stop an Mtb sitting on the rail on the offside (ie. bar width?). Suppose I could spin the bars 180 if so but ideally I want this to be a hassle free alternative to putting them on a rack.

Ace thanks.
I'm going to wait until I get the rails/seat in then look at getting some brackets fabricated up with those delta fittings and maybe a tray type (as a rear/tow bar mount cycle carrier) to carry the back wheel (if there's enough length in the van, I assume so as it's a lwb).

As for fittings for the rails, can you get genuine/oe ones or is it better to get the aftermarket t-bolt style ones that are available on eBay etc?

Cheers.

Back