Location of rear fixing points

Kaedo

Hello all, I am asking for help and ideas from the collective great minds that make up this forum. I have a T6 SWB Kombi that had a Caravelle rail conversion when I purchased it. Included in the conversion was a nice laminate floor was fitted, but this has covered up the tie down points (I assume they will be under the floor).

IMG_4033.jpeg

Can anyone provide me with measurements or some sort of template to help me locate holes so that I can cut out the floor with a hole saw to access the threaded holes as I want to be able to mount a fortywinks bikestation.

I had initially intended to try to mount the fork mounts to the rails (and have made some brackets up that work well) but in order to get the bikes to fit the forks have to go at the front and the back wheels at the back as the rails don't extend far enough backwards to give me the clearance I need. I also think it will be much easier mounting the fork at the back rather than inside the van. Pictures for info / entertainment.

Seat slides forward to create as long a boot as possible.
IMG_3929.jpeg

Just long enough to fit the bike in.
IMG_3928.jpeg

IMG_3927.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg

Mock up of the fork mounts (these were trimmed to size and finished off with end caps - but you get the idea.

IMG_3975.jpeg

Although this works, access to the fork mount is tricky as it's deep in the boot and the bench is sort of in the way for accessing through the sliding doors. For this reason I think loading the bike this way round on the FortyWinks Bike Station will be better/easier.

IMG_3932.jpeg

And finally some reference pictures of where I assume the mounting point must be.

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help. Even photographs of this area taken from directly above with a tape measure in view would be helpful.

Ben

Have you looked from underneath? Im sure that the empty nuts should be visible albeit under some trim.

Have you looked from underneath? Im sure that the empty nuts should be visible albeit under some trim.
Do you mean from underneath the van? Do the mount bolts go through the floor to the outside of the van? Didn’t know that. If they do drilling up from underneath could be a great option.

Back