Carista - How I Done It -

Standard factory fitted - I think H4 never checked.
@Qnapper, you have standard H4s which use the same bulb for both beams.

As Scotty would say,
"she canna handle it for long Cap'n!!"

I'm no expert, but they are not designed to light both filaments for extended periods. They do, because that's what happens when you flash the high beams, but not designed for driving with both.

H7s and THQ/clones have separate bulbs for both, so it's ideal for them , I will be ordering my Carista soon as I swapped my H4s for H7s recently.

@Qnapper, you have standard H4s which use the same bulb for both beams.

As Scotty would say,
"she canna handle it for long Cap'n!!"

I'm no expert, but they are not designed to light both filaments for extended periods. They do, because that's what happens when you flash the high beams, but not designed for driving with both.

H7s and THQ/clones have separate bulbs for both, so it's ideal for them , I will be ordering my Carista soon as I swapped my H4s for H7s recently.
That's fair enough, I will change it back this morning. Thank you for the advice.

Reactions: CAB
and below is the pricing structure:
Capture2.JPG

A change...
1624294748139.png

Has anyone been able to disable the loud beeping telling me that the ignition is on (even when it’s on PARK).

Sometimes I pull up and just want to keep the engine running and grab something from the back and I get this loud beep when I open the door - it’s crazy.

Unless I’m missing something?

Has anyone been able to disable the loud beeping telling me that the ignition is on (even when it’s on PARK).

Sometimes I pull up and just want to keep the engine running and grab something from the back and I get this loud beep when I open the door - it’s crazy.

On T6 you would press OK on the steering wheel. Or do you mean to disable permanently?

On T6 you would press OK on the steering wheel. Or do you mean to disable permanently?
Oh I should try that! If it’s something easy like that I’ll be happy. Will report back - thank you

Reactions: mmi

If you’re not quick, you could end up missing a T6!

Just picked up a carista to try a few things on my 6.1, I’m on the beta app and don’t see half of the settings I was expecting too - I.e locking of doors, folding mirrors on lock, welcome home light duration

The beta brought up a lot more items but nothing that I was after.

Have a I missed a step or does the beta not cover these on the 6.1 yet?

Just picked up a carista to try a few things on my 6.1, I’m on the beta app and don’t see half of the settings I was expecting too - I.e locking of doors, folding mirrors on lock, welcome home light duration

The beta brought up a lot more items but nothing that I was after.

Have a I missed a step or does the beta not cover these on the 6.1 yet?

@T4goneby it may be due to you having a 6.1 as I just fired my newly acquired Carista up not long ago and all the expected options (shown in the screenshot for non beta) were available to me on my T6.

I believe the T6.1 is still too recent for a lot of coding trickery as seen on the T6, but I could be wrong.

From what I understand it's currently a nightmare to even change the head unit.

Thanks for the reply

Thought that may be the case, I’ll keep an eye out for updates etc and update the thread if anything more gets added

Thanks for the reply

Thought that may be the case, I’ll keep an eye out for updates etc and update the thread if anything more gets added
There's a beta version of the app (which I haven't tried yet) so that may have more features a available for the T6.1

I believe instructions for this are further back in this thread.

Might be worth giving that a try?

Hi all. I have a Carista on order mainly so I can keep an eye on regen, but I noticed in screenshots there is an option to enable rear camera. I am having an OEM Lowline reversing camera installed by my conversion company, but they don't have VCDS so I have to get that done separately. Wondering if I can do it with Carista, or would that just switch the camera on and off only once its enabled via VCDS?

Thanks

Small Carista ”tweak”. I dremeled it open and cut pin 16 (permanent live) from connecting to diagnostic port. Then I soldered a jump lead from pin 1 (ignition live) to pin 16 within and epoxied the case back together.

Now I can keep Carista plugged in all the time but it’s only on when ignition is on. This was inspired by finding a Torque -like app Car Scanner for iOS, handy for monitoring arbitrary sensors on the go.
Regen after regen... actually stressing me out

Short obd2 extension lead could be modified to do this in a cleaner way but I wanted to keep minimal footprint. Also the casing notches can be seen from images below, it might be possible to pry it open without a dremel attack :)

E750A400-7551-4DFE-BB8E-BF3FB3FAE1C4.jpeg

5C20AAF6-0277-4929-8853-ECE4E148396F.jpeg

3BD6A708-EEF9-4C98-903B-3CEF3F8ADEDE.jpeg

Great idea, I did the same and was able to open up the module with two small screwdrivers after seeing your pics of how it is held together. Snapped pin 16 off by fatiguing the pin with needle nosed pliers so no need to dremmel off the surrounding plastic. Soldered the wire into place and snapped the plastic cover back on, so no need to epoxy it.
Now I can leave it in while camping in the van, the flashing red and blue lights in the footwell were enough to annoy the missus, and worried me about draining the starter battery if parked up for a few days.

447CD5FB-0197-4F4A-B32E-EA442BA8F9B0.jpeg

I did the same and was able to open up the module with two small screwdrivers after seeing your pics of how it is held together. Soldered the wire into place and snapped the plastic cover back on, so no need to epoxy it.
Great result! I tried to open the case before resorting to dremel but it felt so tight that I was almost sure I would have just split it. Obviously this nondestructive way is much better hack - not that I really mind that much, it’s not burning my eyes from under the dash anyway :p

Back