Camping loo...

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Slightly grim subject but hey ho!
We free camped a bit on our last trip to Spain/Galicia in our old camper.

Most areas have some form of loo but not all; and as seasoned as we think we are, hole digging is just grim.

We've decided a porta potti thing takes up too much space so thinking bog-in-a-bag.

Anyone used one?! This will hopefully get very little use but it'll be handy if needed!!

Bog-in-a-bag? That's a new one on me? Do they come in diffarent sizes and how do you attach it round the back? o_O

You'd be doing well to get that out of its bag and set up in an emergency - I'd be straight behind a hedge .....

@HHO ; trust me digging a hole in a free camp area really isn't fun. The only aspect of it we really didn't like; although trying to wash up comes a close second.

But we'll be in Portugal for a while; great for free/wild camping.

@HHO ; trust me digging a hole in a free camp area really isn't fun. The only aspect of it we really didn't like; although trying to wash up comes a close second.

But we'll be in Portugal for a while; great for free/wild camping.
And surfing! :)

Tesco bag for life, Waitrose if you need to feel more refined, then turn it inside out and wash it. Spending 10p on a supermarket bag is the least of your worries when you've got to go !!
Always keep spares, I had two but I decided a "turd" is a safe bet. :thumbsup:

For Number Ones a standard spare fuel Diesel can and a very large square funnel does the job.

The Birchover has a little portaloo living under the rib bed and I swore I'd never use it.
None of us are getting any younger however, and first thing in the morning
sometimes the campsite loo block can seem a long way away :)
So after reluctantly succumbing once to the convenience (!) of my own loo,
I now use it whenever, no hangups at all. Strictly number ones only of course :thumbsup:
In our old Swift motorhome there was a poem on the bathroom door:

This is not a magic loo, it soon gets full of wee & poo.
Pee all you want, but if you sh*t - its your turn to empty it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a cassette toilet which is very useful. Though sometimes my granddaughter says she needs a wee, only to break into a strained expression once she's on and uttering the dreaded words "Actually I'm having a poo as well Grandad" NOOOOO :eek:

For number one’s we find the Uribag a great product. More expensive than a second hand milk bottle but much more versatile. Even goes in a pocket (but preferably empty). Comes in female version too which I am informed is just as effective as the male one and could actually be used by a male too.

We bought ours from Age UK!

Uribag Male Travel Urinal - 1200ml

Back