Camping loo...

Heard this on another forum, but not tried it:-

Bucket, plastic bag with no holes, cat litter.

Reactions: DXX
CASART. Portable Camping Toilet, 5L Travel Toilet with Inner Bucket, Handle & Paper Holder, Outdoor Caravan Picnic Fishing Gray Mobile Toilet https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084X74ZHX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_y.wzEbXW60NPH

We have one of these that we used at night while camping. Basically a bucket but does the job (if you know what I mean!). Trouble is it’s massive but might look for another bucket option for the van that packs a little better.

Porta Potti 335 fits under side seat/bed well when travelling or when not required. Also stores very well under an upturned Dunelm Storage Cube which disguises it as a seat. Can be put outside in a Khyam Privvy Bivvy or awning when not wanted in the van but at night there is just enough room to keep and use within the van if necessary and preferably in dim light! In desperate situations a small but sturdy plastic bucket with foam pipe lagging around the rim to make a comfy seat and can be used with or without a plastic lining bag.

Have a cassette toilet which is very useful. Though sometimes my granddaughter says she needs a wee, only to break into a strained expression once she's on and uttering the dreaded words "Actually I'm having a poo as well Grandad" NOOOOO :eek:
Oh yes. I've got a granddaughter like that! Though she doesn't normally tell me - just leaves me to find it later.

That looks a good solution. Quick question though..... how easy is it to lift out of the cube to empty? I imagine if it’s fun, of pee it might be quite difficult to get a hold on?
No there is enough space on the sides to get hold and lift out ..... pee free :cool:

We’re trying to buy a Thetford at the minute and no where has stock!!

I was looking for one at the beginning of June and really struggled to find anyone with any in stock.
Got one from Winfields Outdoors in the end. It looks like I was lucky, I’ve just looked on their website and they’ve sold out of all portable toilets, even the most basic ones.

I ordered a toilet as we were unsure what was going to happen it arrived on time.

I just tried Argos, they can deliver one to my nearest store

Am now a proud owner of a Porta Potti 335, ordered it from Amazon, looks a great bit of kit and fits in the rear of the van perfectly. Cant believe that I'm posting this...... oh how things have changed!!!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Just taken delivery of this - in the current climate I’m glad we can be self sufficient when out and about on holiday. Pre ordered from Leisure Shop Direct - I’m sure other outlets will have stock again...

44DE8B13-16B8-49D7-871D-C6AAE202443A.jpeg

We have a porta potti ( 335 I think ) , I take it with us on trips where you have to be fully self sufficient , some national parks and free overnight stops in country towns etc , often dont use it but sometimes good to have just in case. It is nowhere near as bad to empty as some youtubes show and many towns have dump points to empty it in .

We have a porta potti ( 335 I think ) , I take it with us on trips where you have to be fully self sufficient , some national parks and free overnight stops in country towns etc , often dont use it but sometimes good to have just in case. It is nowhere near as bad to empty as some youtubes show and many towns have dump points to empty it in .
There's been a sudden upsurge of interest on this forum the past month or so :laugh: what with many campsites re-opening without facilities!

Some of us were prescient enough (or just lucky!) to order a van-with-a-loo before the pandemic :fast rofl:

Mine arrived and we didn’t need it. Campsite toilets were open at both sites we stayed at, both very clean too.

A friend told me:

for pish - an empty bottle of lenor is good as the opening is big

for poo - use a biodegradable bag then dispose responsibly perhaps by burial

Back