Bonnet Wrap Recommendations

Has anyone tried a Bonnet protector?

Prefably the padded ones as apposed to just wrap. I'm wanting one but dont want it to look awful so if anyone has any ideas be much appreciated.

The bonnet bra is not recommended as dirt always gets behind and causes wear.

I had the bonnet of my old car wrapped in paint protection film and I will definitely do it again, I had 1 chip in 15 years.

I paid £130 for mine and I am well pleased with it, recently i have coated it in McGuire's ceramic liquid wax and its much slicker and water beads off it instantly

Hi all, Iam new to the forum as I have just purchased a T6 kombi in inidium grey. I just wanted to get other members opinions regarding bonnet deflectors, are they really effective to protect the bonnet from stone chips and bugs or more for styling. Does the attaching to the bonnet create any problems to the bodywork.
Regards Ricky

Was looking online today for the bonnet protectors but got the same question as you. I don’t want the bonnet protector if that is only as a styling accessories.

Every van we’ve taken in part exchange with a bonnet protector on, and taken off, we’ve had to respray the bonnet due to marks from the protector. Same with bra’s they just rub on the bonnet

Get PPF on the bonnet to properly protect the paint or respray it when required would be my advise.

On my previous vans I’ve had very few stone chips on the bonnet itself so never felt the need for a deflector. The majority of the chips I’ve suffered happened to the lower front bumper and splitter.

Interesting nerf bar..
Have you declared it with your insurance? as these were made illegal in the UK post 2012 IIRC
Will you be bringing the number plate forward as it is also non-compliant in its current position?
I wanted to fit one to my Touareg overland vehicle and ran into issues at the time and so I didn't fit one to our T6.

Interesting nerf bar..
Have you declared it with your insurance? as these were made illegal in the UK post 2012 IIRC
Will you be bringing the number plate forward as it is also non-compliant in its current position?
I wanted to fit one to my Touareg overland vehicle and ran into issues at the time and so I didn't fit one to our T6.

Still not 100% on it myself but it is ‘swamper’ innit lol

Not technically illegal Bull bars

Yes, insurance is aware and it is TUV /e marked as the top and bottom brackets are designed to crumple. It was twice the price of the fleabay equivalents for that reason.

Numberplate has been moved down an inch on the plinth (it hangs off the bottom now and can be seen from front on - just not at the angle in the photo

Reactions: Loz
Back