Sill stone protection coat damaged - need help

Taggiss

T6 Pro
Hi - sadly got my van back today delivered by garage fixing my rear PDCs and they have added a deep scratch into my sill stone chip coating.

I can get the wrap redone but can anyone help me on who or how I can repair the scratch on the stone protection coating which VW put on all vans ?

Trying to work out if this needs to go to a paint shop first to fix …

54FB73C4-A737-4BA3-9ACE-C3C7C2AD352C.jpeg74F91CFA-12C0-4B06-825B-668E951F8A1B.jpeg0CE7E253-18FB-49F6-BCF7-07C9827A99FB.jpeg

That looks like it was caused from being on a low loader where the ratchet straps holding the wheels in place have caught the bodywork. Was it on a low loader when they delivered it to you?

No he actually drove it back to me.

As soon as I pulled up on my drive I noticed it - After a lengthy call where the guy says he has no idea how it happened we both came to the conclusion that someone must have run a trolley jack or pallet truck into it.

Luckily my CCTV shows it perfect when it left and damaged on return.

Just have no idea who or where I should go to repair before getting the wrap replaced on that panel.

There are all sorts of aftermarket stone chip paints eg Gravitex, Raptor. Raptor can be tinted with paint colour too.

A decent bodyshop should be able to fix that and repaint bodycolour.

Thanks guys - going to body shop to look in detail - initial quote higher than I thought so want to get it viewed.

Wrap team ready to go.

Reason why person who had it when this happened are not a body shop team and want it done right.

He tells me he’s going to pay but let’s see when the real bill comes in.

Just gutted

Back