Bonnet Wrap Recommendations

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Afternoon boys n girls.

Looking at getting a bonnet spoiler after getting my first stone chip. What are people's thoughts on them as I never had one on my other van.

Do they cause more damage then they save and has anyone got any recommendations of any ?

Cheers in advance
Charlie

As good as they look, the stone will more than likely hit the van underneath it or above it. It's a bit like steel toe cap boots, guaranteed you always drop something on where the laces are and not on the toe.

As good as they look, the stone will more than likely hit the van underneath it or above it. It's a bit like steel toe cap boots, guaranteed you always drop something on where the laces are and not on the toe.

Well to be fair a spoiler wouldn't of stopped this one as it's up to bloody high but just to thought it might help and I do like the look but a little worried it might cause more damage like the my old bonnet bra

Have paint protection film added first, problem solved. You wont need to worry then.

Have paint protection film added first, problem solved. You wont need to worry then.

Been looking at the protection film for the windscreen but not checked out the paintwork film. What's the cost and any recommendations for it

Been looking at the protection film for the windscreen but not checked out the paintwork film. What's the cost and any recommendations for it
It's not the cheapest thing in the world. I done full frontal on mine bumper, head and fog lights full wings full bonnet a pillars, front edge of roof and rear bumper. Works out around £1200 fitted and it's self healing so no worries about scratches.

It's not the cheapest thing in the world. I done full frontal on mine bumper, head and fog lights full wings full bonnet a pillars, front edge of roof and rear bumper. Works out around £1200 fitted and it's self healing so no worries about scratches.

Cheers for that, gives me something to think about, will probably get the bonnet repainted then look at this.

Has anybody on here had their van wrapped? I’m thinking of getting a carbon effect wrap on my bonnet but unsure if it’s worth it. I’m getting a Gtechniq Ceramic Coat but the detailer said some people prefer to wrap their bonnets & roof. I’ve read that bonnet Bras & sometimes wrapping can trap damp underneath eventually rusting. Thanks in advance.

Mines going in for a wrap next week.

Orange lower half and clear self healing bonnet protection.

800 for the rest of the van in orange, 400 for the clear bonnet armour one

I’ve heard a wrap on really lasts a few years? Is this true. My detailer originally told me that they start to peel but I’m wondering if that’s just a lower quality wrap/glue etc?

Chris I bought a bonnet from @Fish which has been wrapped with a carbon finish, not sure who wrapped it for him but the finish is very good, its not on my van yet but will be soon. Original ad posted by @Fish on 31st May with pic of the bonnet.
Baz

I’ve heard a wrap on really lasts a few years? Is this true. My detailer originally told me that they start to peel but I’m wondering if that’s just a lower quality wrap/glue etc?

Depends on the quality of the film and the quality of the job.
The one I'm getting is guaranteed for 5 years and they reckon it should be good for 7.

that sounds interesting! foto's needed when done.. :)

Will Defo be posting LOADS of pics

It is possibly to reheat and reapply if it starts to peel back. I wish my whole van was wrapped purple, it would look so good.

I had mine wrapped from new, done 45k on it and still looks great, defiantly worth doing in my opinion. Get the thickest film possible for maximum protection would be my advice.

My film came with a 7 yr warranty, both product and fitting... as others have said well worth the time and cost. especially if your trading in after 2/3 yrs.

just picked up my white kombi and considering wrap options.

Has anyone wrapped the bonnet a different colour?
I’m thinking green, bonnet(helps protect also I guess), mirrors, grill strips.

Any pics to help me decide? Particularly the bonnet wrap please

Back