Bonnet Wrap Recommendations

Still not 100% on it myself but it is ‘swamper’ innit lol

Not technically illegal Bull bars

Yes, insurance is aware and it is TUV /e marked as the top and bottom brackets are designed to crumple. It was twice the price of the fleabay equivalents for that reason.

Numberplate has been moved down an inch on the plinth (it hangs off the bottom now and can be seen from front on - just not at the angle in the photo
Hi Pal,

did you say you got this from Vanstyle?

I can only see chrome ones for T5s on their site at the moment.

Afternoon boys n girls.

Looking at getting a bonnet spoiler after getting my first stone chip. What are people's thoughts on them as I never had one on my other van.

Do they cause more damage then they save and has anyone got any recommendations of any ?

Cheers in advance
Charlie
I have a full bonnet bra on mine seems ok..

IMG_20200311_130909_4~2.jpg

We are thinking of just getting our bonnet done- any suggestions for wrapping or recommendations or ideas- our van is orange

3m Carbon? Had my old red t5 debadged and carbon wrapped.
Personally I think it looked really good and always had a lot of positive feedback.

If your going to go for carbon, find a company that can do a printed gloss as it looks better, it’s easier to remove and will be easier to look after.
We print our own, as you can no longer buy printed gloss. But a good graphics company should be able to do it.

We are thinking of just getting our bonnet done- any suggestions for wrapping or recommendations or ideas- our van is orange
I’ll be doing mine in matt black, when the weather warms up a bit. It’s hard to work with, on the drive, when it’s cold. Post a photo of yours, we’ll get an idea, of what would work for you

I’ll be doing mine in matt black, when the weather warms up a bit. It’s hard to work with, on the drive, when it’s cold. Post a photo of yours, we’ll get an idea, of what would work for you
if your doing it yourself, you want it around 18-20 deg outside. Any hotter and it’s hard to work with without over stretching, any colder and you risk ripping the vinyl.

I want my bonnet doing matt black as well but there’s no way I’m doing it myself, even if there was the tiniest, almost invisible, ripple it would smack me in the face every time I saw it.

if your doing it yourself, you want it around 18-20 deg outside. Any hotter and it’s hard to work with without over stretching, any colder and you risk ripping the vinyl.
Yep, been there, done that. I got all excited over Christmas, and ordered a roll. Coz it was cold, I went for a drive to warm the bonnet. But it takes way longer that you think. Almost done. I was working the corner, at the bottom of the windscreen. Ripped a foot long section the corner. Gutted:mad:. Still I had enough left to do my splitter... in the warm on the dining room table:)

I purchased our bus with a couple of stone-chips on the bonnet, and whilst I am going to try and chip-ex them out soon, I have no idea how long they have been exposed and so i want to look at getting a new replacement bonnet. Any pointers on where to buy one from please? If there are factory painted (reflex silver) options then that would be amazing, but I have no idea what is available.... I thought I would post in this kind-of relevant thread to see if anyone could point me in the right direction? Cheers.

I purchased our bus with a couple of stone-chips on the bonnet, and whilst I am going to try and chip-ex them out soon, I have no idea how long they have been exposed and so i want to look at getting a new replacement bonnet. Any pointers on where to buy one from please? If there are factory painted (reflex silver) options then that would be amazing, but I have no idea what is available.... I thought I would post in this kind-of relevant thread to see if anyone could point me in the right direction? Cheers.
@Tourershine recently bought a replacement bonnet - I don’t think he managed to find one already painted, but I’ve tagged him so he can advise..

Thanks @Ads_Essex - much appreciated. @Tourershine - if there is anything you can share, I'd be most grateful. Following the first wash of our new bus, I got up close an personal with the paintwork and i didn't like what i saw. It could be a respray, or maybe a replacement - depending on costs. Cheers.

Thanks @Ads_Essex - much appreciated. @Tourershine - if there is anything you can share, I'd be most grateful. Following the first wash of our new bus, I got up close an personal with the paintwork and i didn't like what i saw. It could be a respray, or maybe a replacement - depending on costs. Cheers.

I've managed to find and buy two spare bonnets for T6s in my time. Both were from a 'Wanted' advert on here, one in Manchester and one just up the road from my house.

Both were painted by my bodyshop and both went on my T6 as replacements when mine were chipped up, but both are long sold now, because they aren't the easiest thing to store without damaging.

T6 bonnets are always pretty hard to find, because people buy them for face-lift projects on T5s, that's the reason both mine were purchased.

I reckon a respray will be cheaper than new - especially as new usually need spraying anyway. Some high mileage users just respray annually rather than worry about protectors/covers etc

Hi Guys, has anyone invested in one of these and how easy are they to fit? They need bonding onto surface.

BCA80C03-68F0-4CF1-BEED-F6CEB155C20E.png

Back