Bilstein B14 rear spring snapped

Tomo02

Hi there.

I’ve seen a few different threads with no obvious outcomes. I’m after some help.
I had b14 coil overs installed back in November 2018 on my fully converted T6 T28. They’ve been fine up till Wednesday where I had my MOT and my rear passenger side spring has snapped completely. I’ve no idea how it’s happened and I haven’t even noticed within the drive itself. Now my question is, are the coil overs covered in Bilstein warranty or not? I’ve tried to search and even called the fitter who supplied them. No joy. The fitter who I spoke to explained that they don’t fit or supply bilstein anymore due to Bilsteins poor aftercare support and their lack of quality. He said he would get back to me before the end of the day. And he hasn’t. Even after 2 subsequent phone calls chasing him. Does anyone have an experience with this as my van is currently off road now till the spring is replaced and my MOT is out of date on the 19th. Any advice is massively appreciated.

FBAA8C4B-05C5-4939-A72A-D07431FDB5DA.jpeg

2C05E471-74B3-4021-A571-692863DBA2F2.jpeg

Hi there.

I’ve seen a few different threads with no obvious outcomes. I’m after some help.
I had b14 coil overs installed back in November 2018 on my fully converted T6 T28. They’ve been fine up till Wednesday where I had my MOT and my rear passenger side spring has snapped completely. I’ve no idea how it’s happened and I haven’t even noticed within the drive itself. Now my question is, are the coil overs covered in Bilstein warranty or not? I’ve tried to search and even called the fitter who supplied them. No joy. The fitter who I spoke to explained that they don’t fit or supply bilstein anymore due to Bilsteins poor aftercare support and their lack of quality. He said he would get back to me before the end of the day. And he hasn’t. Even after 2 subsequent phone calls chasing him. Does anyone have an experience with this as my van is currently off road now till the spring is replaced and my MOT is out of date on the 19th. Any advice is massively appreciated.

View attachment 145558

View attachment 145559
I don’t know what the warranty period on B14s is, but if they are still in warranty it should be the supplier of the kit that needs to replace the spring.

If they are out of warranty then you will most likely have to buy new springs yourself. If you want a like for like replacement you can buy them as spares, but looking at the condition of the broken one, I would advise replacing both.

Very common issue on the b14s.
It’s not ‘very common’, but the op is not the first to have this issue.

Op, where are you firstly, there should be a dealer near you who could replace both springs in an hour.

And they won’t be warranty claims after 3 years.

I had two broken springs on my Volvo, and when talking to the MOT guy who spotted it its a pretty common thing on all cars, more to do with our roads than the quality of the springs.

I would just replace both rear ones :thumbsup:

both my b14 rears snapped less than 5,000 miles 18 months old I had them both replace I’m sure they were about £60 each, vanstyle sell them if I recall, I had mine from midland vw.

It’s not ‘very common’, but the op is not the first to have this issue.

Op, where are you firstly, there should be a dealer near you who could replace both springs in an hour.

And they won’t be warranty claims after 3 years.
I’m in the Worksop/Sheffield area. I had them originally fitted and supplied by the same guys in Sheffield.

The MOT guy said I’d need to have both rear ones done just for good measure and because of the condition. He showed me the front one which are in a lot better shape than the rear that’s for sure.

Also found these… guessing it’s common at least amongst us van owners

CRS Performance are about an hour and a half from you, after nearly 3 years you’ve had the best out of the B14’s, maybe time to move on and get something better?

Reactions: JOG
I have also just snapped a spring, what are the best alternative rear springs for the T6 that can be used with the Bilstein dampers please anyone?

Back