10mm front bilstein spacer?

T6DSGChris

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hiya hoping someone knows..

IMG_9809.jpeg
I’ve had a chat with Bilstein themselves
… im running 20’s , B14’s… fronts are as high as it will go…it sits lower as its t32… bilstein say theres a spacer for front strut top you can pop in or change springs… i’ve run like this a while and my wheel offsets are spot on had it five years but only done 10k … when loaded up i catch on the ‘hidden bumps’ on the arch liner…
All setup ocd by me five years ago… would love to just try a 10mm front spacer… and not faff with all the rest… even debating on going 19’s so more ‘everyday useable’

Hiya hoping someone knows..

View attachment 215196
I’ve had a chat with Bilstein themselves
… im running 20’s , B14’s… fronts are as high as it will go…it sits lower as its t32… bilstein say theres a spacer for front strut top you can pop in or change springs… i’ve run like this a while and my wheel offsets are spot on had it five years but only done 10k … when loaded up i catch on the ‘hidden bumps’ on the arch liner…
All setup ocd by me five years ago… would love to just try a 10mm front spacer… and not faff with all the rest… even debating on going 19’s so more ‘everyday useable’
Sorry only saw this post today , If the adjusters are set to the highest position and the van isn’t sitting at 40,mm ( spec is 40 to 70 for this kit ) this is telling us that the springs simply aren’t coping with the weight of the van , I assume it isn’t a camper , can’t be sure from picture , campers are simply too heavy for B14 s. And it looks like yours is too heavy also .
a quick fix might be to check the tyres on the front. If they are 275 40 20 that won’t help. Change them to 245 45 20. That should stop the touching . The spacers that Bilstein refer too , . .? Do they advice them to be fitted under the spring or on the top mount. in my opinion neither will give a good result. Your van looks like it’s. 80 mm lowered. Measure the centre of the wheel to the top of the arch to get the figure , this will help decide a way forward .
I am not a fan of the B14. For the Very reasons you have. I do get a slagging for it ha ha. , but I don’t see any B14 sellers trying to help you either . let’s check a few things first. I assume you like the ride ? Is the van comfortable ?
we do a rear spring kit that fits the B14 and sorts that out but due to the odd front spring we can’t offer a replacement for that.
the spacer Bilstein talk about. .? If it fits on top of the strut assembly it will lift the front up but sadly won’t get the shock and spring relationship better , it will also affect the steering as the nose will be higher than the back end which makes the steering light.

Last edited:
Sorry only saw this post today , If the adjusters are set to the highest position and the van isn’t sitting at 40,mm ( spec is 40 to 70 for this kit ) this is telling us that the springs simply aren’t coping with the weight of the van , I assume it isn’t a camper , can’t be sure from picture , campers are simply too heavy for B14 s. And it looks like yours is too heavy also .
a quick fix might be to check the tyres on the front. If they are 275 40 20 that won’t help. Change them to 245 45 20. That should stop the touching . The spacers that Bilstein refer too , . .? Do they advice them to be fitted under the spring or on the top mount. in my opinion neither will give a good result. Your van looks like it’s. 80 mm lowered. Measure the centre of the wheel to the top of the arch to get the figure , this will help decide a way forward .
I am not a fan of the B14. For the Very reasons you have. I do get a slagging for it ha ha. , but I don’t see any B14 sellers trying to help you either . let’s check a few things first. I assume you like the ride ? Is the van comfortable ?
we do a rear spring kit that fits the B14 and sorts that out but due to the odd front spring we can’t offer a replacement for that.
the spacer Bilstein talk about. .? If it fits on top of the strut assembly it will lift the front up but sadly won’t get the shock and spring relationship better , it will also affect the steering as the nose will be higher than the back end which makes the steering light.
hiya

Massive apologies for the delay, I saw your reply and just haven't had chance...
Its a day van with all of 8 thou on the clock but with a lot of factory seats and a day pod (night heater, bobil van water heater, sink, fridge, microwave, invertor etc etc) and i fill it up with lots of stuff if we go away etc
I got my Bilstein's from yourselves! :)
they advised a spacer above the strut top which seemed a bit heath Robinson tbh... or replace the front springs for stiffer but i feel this will then affect ride quality..
I love the look, love the ride and if its not full of stuff i catch on the front liners once in a while... (i have removed the top wing arch liner clips to keep the wings semi safe)
but when i have lots of people and stuff in... omg... its embarrassing... scrapes on every fast corner and road dip... slow over speed bumps.. nothing...all ok...normally
think im et42 on the wolfraces all same width with 10mm spacers at back, back is fine... 99 percent of time..

Unsure what to do... change to 19's? change suspension (on with house renovation plus run own business so really havent the time tbh, just had to temporarily tape the leaking side window up as im so hectic... ) or change the tyre widths..
measured like you asked, but I'm parked on my drive that's pished.... 370mm one side 390 other... so lets say approx 380mm (fronts)
245 seems like a huge width drop from the 275's? sidewall height will raise a nats for it wont it, as its a percentage? (im ex tech)

many many thanks, i'll keep and eye on this..

i forgot its rammed full of sound deadening and insulation and one piece ply floor with the pod and 2 extra rows of seats, so I think your bang on the money that im just to heavy.

thanks chris :)

hiya

Massive apologies for the delay, I saw your reply and just haven't had chance...
Its a day van with all of 8 thou on the clock but with a lot of factory seats and a day pod (night heater, bobil van water heater, sink, fridge, microwave, invertor etc etc) and i fill it up with lots of stuff if we go away etc
I got my Bilstein's from yourselves! :)
they advised a spacer above the strut top which seemed a bit heath Robinson tbh... or replace the front springs for stiffer but i feel this will then affect ride quality..
I love the look, love the ride and if its not full of stuff i catch on the front liners once in a while... (i have removed the top wing arch liner clips to keep the wings semi safe)
but when i have lots of people and stuff in... omg... its embarrassing... scrapes on every fast corner and road dip... slow over speed bumps.. nothing...all ok...normally
think im et42 on the wolfraces all same width with 10mm spacers at back, back is fine... 99 percent of time..

Unsure what to do... change to 19's? change suspension (on with house renovation plus run own business so really havent the time tbh, just had to temporarily tape the leaking side window up as im so hectic... ) or change the tyre widths..
measured like you asked, but I'm parked on my drive that's pished.... 370mm one side 390 other... so lets say approx 380mm (fronts)
245 seems like a huge width drop from the 275's? sidewall height will raise a nats for it wont it, as its a percentage? (im ex tech)

many many thanks, i'll keep and eye on this..
Intrigue we dont sell Bilstein , are you sure about where you got them from ??

Back