Hi, could anyone advise where i can buy the vagnostics wiring kit for the tailgate latch please? new to the forum and just finishing up the wiring on a conversion on a 17 plate T6 of a friends. any help appreciated, thanks

Thanks, is it just an email? I cant find a website and the facebook page doesn't look like its been active for some time

Thanks, is it just an email? I cant find a website and the facebook page doesn't look like its been active for some time

The Facebook messenger chats that I had with Vagnostics are showing that his account is closed, so I can’t help there.

Assuming you’ve sorted the hinges out, and having bought the kit myself, I’d advise on having it wired back to the BCM properly. Volksfit sorted that out for me.
Works like it came out of the factory :thumbsup:

The Facebook messenger chats that I had with Vagnostics are showing that his account is closed, so I can’t help there.

Assuming you’ve sorted the hinges out, and having bought the kit myself, I’d advise on having it wired back to the BCM properly. Volksfit sorted that out for me.
Works like it came out of the factory :thumbsup:

Do you know the cost involved? the tailgate is fully fitted, rear lamp wiring altered to suit new lamps, number plate lights working and high level brake light working, just stuck on the switch and locking/unlocking wires. I've had a look at some of the wiring lists on this site and then done my own as some wires were different, unsure if its just down to different year etc.

Do you know which wire runs to the BCM and where on the BCM so i can run the wire myself then get them to alter the BCM?

The wiring on this 17 plate van differs slightly to all others i have read, I've got it all written up on excel where it all goes, just a couple im stuck on, ill see if i can upload

Gas struts x2 (see above) - you’ll need T5 gas struts for the Vagnostics kit, as these are slightly longer and ensure the tailgate lid stays open at the correct height.

So are the T6 struts are a no go, do they leave the tailgate too low or do the T5 struts just give a bit more headroom?

So are the T6 struts are a no go, do they leave the tailgate too low or do the T5 struts just give a bit more headroom?

No-go - they leave it too low, meaning anyone over 5’10 will hit their head.
The T5 struts are longer so they bring the tailgate up flush with the roof once it’s opened.

No-go - they leave it too low, meaning anyone over 5’10 will hit their head.
The T5 struts are longer so they bring the tailgate up flush with the roof once it’s opened.

At 6'6" I'd need all the height a tailgate can give....if I do go ahead with it!

@Ads_Essex this was a great little thread and really helped me when doing my tailgate so thanks for doing it. Having an absolute nightmare with the wiring of the lights though.

Look at the difference. ☺️

View attachment 51010

View attachment 51011

Looks great @Craigy C. If it’s just the lights you’re having a mare with, then you’ve done well, because most people find the locking wiring to be the headache.
Is it the pin-outs you need help with?

Looks great @Craigy C. If it’s just the lights you’re having a mare with, then you’ve done well, because most people find the locking wiring to be the headache.
Is it the pin-outs you need help with?

Thanks @Ads_Essex it was you that did all the hard work and I just copied it. Hahaha.
Yea the pin outs don’t seem to be the same as on the thread or maybe I’m having a blonde moment. I managed to get this configuration on the offside (see picture) but when I put the indicator on with say the reverse the all the lights go mental. I’m completely baffled.

93311EFD-9D3F-4E56-A87E-A396D8D1870C.jpeg

93311efd-9d3f-4e56-a87e-a396d8d1870c-jpeg.51030

Thanks @Ads_Essex it was you that did all the hard work and I just copied it. Hahaha.
Yea the pin outs don’t seem to be the same as on the thread or maybe I’m having a blonde moment. I managed to get this configuration on the offside (see picture) but when I put the indicator on with say the reverse the all the lights go mental. I’m completely baffled.

Have a look at this post:
Nearside tail light

Old pos. colour. Function. New pos.

1 Black/red. brake light. 6
2 Black/white. indicator new. 3
3 Brown. earth. 4
4 grey/black. side lights new. 1
5 green/black. reverse light. 5
6 not used (fog light)
*If you connect pin 2 on the new plug to pin2 right hand light, the fog light would work on both sides.

Offside tail light

1 black red brake 1
2 black green indicator 4
3 brown earth 3
4 grey red side light. 6
5 green black reverse 5
6 Grey white Fog light 2

If not mate just persevere - I worked it out by trial and error - a bit of a pain doing it solo but once the earth wire was sorted, the rest were easy to work out.

And whilst you’ve got the lamps out, get yourself some LED bulbs for the reverse lights. Makes a big difference.

Back