B14 or SoLow?

Thanks mate. Yeah there 18"s. I've never given it a thought about the spare til now!. I think id struggle to get it out but never tried lol.il measure if you want when it stops raining?. But after looking at this pic it might be ok?.View attachment 67712
Looks tight....
I've never had the spare off yet so have no idea how much clearance there is.
I intend to get under the van later and have a look!

I run SoLows on 18“ banded steels and have no issues what so ever. I've also had full Caravelle rails and seats put in which gives me more weight in the back and the ride is excellent in my opinion. I had them fitted at Transporter HQ last summer, I highly recommend them their knowledge is excellent. I don’t have a spare so can’t comment on removing it.

That said I have a sportline bumper and lower splitter which has about 10mm clearance over speed bumps so it is very low, it’s currently at my local garage getting raised 10mm to give me that extra clearance.

I run SoLows on 18“ banded steels and have no issues what so ever. I've also had full Caravelle rails and seats put in which gives me more weight in the back and the ride is excellent in my opinion. I had them fitted at Transporter HQ last summer, I highly recommend them their knowledge is excellent. I don’t have a spare so can’t comment on removing it.

That said I have a sportline bumper and lower splitter which has about 10mm clearance over speed bumps so it is very low, it’s currently at my local garage getting raised 10mm to give me that extra clearance.

Any photos @RyanGerry

Great stuff thanks for taking the time @RyanGerry. Van looks spot on! Love the wheels.
Heart says go loooow. Head and Mrs are getting in the way.....

My main questions I suppose are as follows:

Is fitting Solows even at full height going to be too low practically for a camper with 2 adults and 2 kids and camping clobber? Would the B14s be more sensible?

Secondly. What are peoples experiences of getting the spare wheel from under the van when dropped to these heights?

I guess I'm wanting the slammed look which isn't massively practical with running a full camper so hoping for the closest compromise.

Cheers in advance for any views.
I am on B14's virtually on the bottom. I have had the spare tyre out. Certainly tight though.

Absolutely spot on, I’ve been towing a twin axle caravan the last 6 months and it’s absolutely spot on

Hi sorry to be a pain , do you know what your measurement is feom center of wheel to the arch ? Also what height feom floor is your towball ? Thanks in advance
I’ll pop out once the rugrats are in bed and measure it all, if you PM me your number I can send pics via WhatsApp

Back