Are all T6s OBDII?

RedUn

Kombi... work in progress
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Come to scan my mates T6 for him and his port isn't OBDII standard, looks like an older VW standard... I. E. Mk4 golf standard

Originally thought if it was one of the fake OBD ports but once we got it out its got VW part markings?

Any ideas... Its a Euro5 van if that helps...

Cheers!

IMG-20211219-WA0000.jpeg

Ok a Carly fits it but Obd11 doesn't... Random, going to scan and see if it's a live port!

Ok the moral of the story is, it's a pukka OBDII port, just an old style port for some random reason!

Tested with Carly so knew it was a real not a fake, slightly fettled it now so we could scan with the Obd11 (eleven).

I've got an early T6 (Euro 5) and use one of the latest VCDS OBDII connectors and it fits OK. I've also used the same VCDS connection on a nearly new Golf GTD and a Golf GTE plus various older VWs and all have fitted correctly.
As far as I can see there is only one OBDII (or OBD2 it's not 11) BUT it may support different protocols dependent on the age of the vehicle. See OBD2 Explained - A Simple Intro [2021 | The #1 Tutorial]

It sounds as if the common denominator with your problem is the OBDII connection on your test gear.

Maybe someone changed it as a form of protection against unauthorized connection?
That was exactly the thoughts we had! OBD eleven wouldn't fit until it was filed down! Random!

Last edited:
Back