Anyone Installed grille DRL’s From Vanstyle

Juddster

Anyone installed front DRL’s.
From Vanstyle.
GLOSS BLACK LOWER 2-PCS OUTER RADIATOR DRL GRILLE - VW T6 15-19

Delivered today with no wiring instructions I have red and white wires with spade endings. Then a thin white cable?
any ideas?
I will be calling Vanstyle tomorrow regarding instructions.

449B0AFF-8270-446C-8A8F-F45101CF4176.png

Im sure we have the instructions - In fact we are fitting some tomorrow.

Im not in the office for the rest of the week, but will see if I can get the information for you

Attached is the travelin lite version instruction. Not sure it will help you but it would be interesting to compare

Attachments

• T6 DRL 2015.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 372
Does the vanstyle kit come with a control module? From your original post it sounds like you just have wires to connect whereas the travelin lite kit has a module, fuse and only one connection to the headlights to allow for the dim function when the lights are on. Just wondering which is the most OEM of the two kits.

Both come with a module hard wired in, both then have wires to connect . The Travelinlite kit has very clear instructions. One connection to earth, one to an under bonnet fuse box supply and another to the headlight to detect when to dim the DRL . The Vanstyle one also has 3 wires but no instructions, don’t want to assume the same connections and damage the unit.

View attachment 61194 View attachment 61193 View attachment 61193 View attachment 61193
Does the vanstyle kit come with a control module? From your original post it sounds like you just have wires to connect whereas the travelin lite kit has a module, fuse and only one connection to the headlights to allow for the dim function when the lights are on. Just wondering which is the most OEM of the two kits.
The vanstyle has a control module, from that I have a red wire, black wire and a very thin white wire. See photo.
Vanstyle have now sent me a wiring diagram. See attached.

477AAF46-C5DE-490F-B794-6B9C370C8E30.jpeg

8098B004-1FC2-4FFD-9D1F-3E4281E0FB1B.jpeg

Did you ever get this sorted? I have a kit here to fit (same as your pic) and can’t figure it out!

My set is also as picture and I couldn’t get them working. Lights wouldn’t even come on if red & black attached direct to battery (assuming that wasn’t a daft thing to do) .

A4070408-24D1-4EF7-81D6-0671672BCF2F.jpeg
If you connect the white wire here they work. Did this yesterday.

(excuse the connection temporary as all I had)

First off; I think its really poor when a supplier like 'VANSTYLE' can send out equipment with no installation or wiring instructions.
Looking now at the instructions they have now provided to 'cgtmiles' they may have had other unhappy customers.
Strange to note that they say the DRL's do not dim when turning on the headlights, its the first mention of this i have seen!

Thanks to cgtmiles for sharing the info and the photos. Will try this later myself.

My set is also as picture and I couldn’t get them working. Lights wouldn’t even come on if red & black attached direct to battery (assuming that wasn’t a daft thing to do) .
Same here, appears now the schematic Vanstyle sent was incorrect.

The schematic attached above appears to be for OEM drls, possibly the better option than these aftermarket ones. I’m not sure if they sell those too without the grills maybe.

I have ordered some new pins this morning so hopefully I can remove the scotch lock and fit them directly into the pin.

Couple question gents as I’m looking to purchase some DRLs would you recommend these from Vanstyle? And do they dim when the headlights come on?

Back