Renogy dc-dc charger install, connecting ignition live wire ?

Just Installed the Renogy 50a dc-dc charger under passenger seat and pretty much done but now need i to connect the red ignition live wire from charger to an ign live, for the smart alternator. T6 2018
I’ve looked and found a relevant post regards tapping into fuse box under gear lever in cab but seems a mine field when reading
Can anyone offer a noddy guide on where exactly to connect it and how, not great knowledge on electrics.
Do I just find an existing ignition live fuse and tap into it on a piggy back cable or do I use a spare slot and if so what fuse to use
Seems like thread indicates to go for top centre row

Not removed dash covers to look yet. Tomorrow hopefully
Any help appreciated

I just bought the piggy back fuse from Amazon and placed it in the middle row of fuses,
I bought four so if you need one i’ll post to you but please check first
Bob

I just bought the piggy back fuse from Amazon and placed it in the middle row of fuses,
I bought four so if you need one i’ll post to you but please check first
Bob
Thanks for the offer and info, appreciated but I’ll just get one local. What fuse do you use for it. Have you installed it and all good
Thinking about it, I’m sure that’s where they installed my dash cam so will have a look tomorrow. Makes better sense now

Just Found a good post that explains it -

Ignition piggyback walkthrough​

Last edited:
No problem
I used the info on here (as usual) and have had no problems
Bob

I used a micro fuse piggyback from Halfords. I recall someone on here suggesting the middle row of the fuse box under the middle of the dash. Run the red cable under the cab mat and under the plastic trim into the fusebox. It's very simple. Good luck.

Back