First time poster - T6 DRL wiring issues/head unit issues

Jlee

Hi All. First time poster from Australia. This forum is great - it's a little harder to get the info we need down here in Oz because not as many van lovers here yet.

I have 2017/18 T6 Multivan Comfortline (mid spec passenger van). love the car/van but starting to develop a few classic VW issues... unfortunately. And boy do VW dealers know how to charge... sorry for the length of this but want to cover off a few things...

both these issues have threads posted but both seem a bit of a minefield. I have the H7 (?) headlights with the DRL at the bottom of the unit. My drive side DRL no longer works and VW have told me it needs a 'new bulb, bulb holder and wiring'. They have quoted $735 Oz (installed i think) which is circa 400 pounds! does this make sense? is there an alternative aftermarket wiring harness that's not made of gold that any one can vouch for???

The alternative is to maybe buy these aftermarket headlights available in Oz?

Can anyone confirm whether these are actually just the Travelin Lite or Vanstyle ones and whether they are any good, don't through up dash lights etc? would i need a new wiring harness in any event if i got these units? I think trying to get the headlights direct from the UK providers might be cost prohibitive b/c of shipping.

Also, my Discover Media headunit with nav is starting to play up - touch screen working only when it wants to, steering wheel buttons likewise. can be a real nightmare when there is an incoming phone call you want to answer. I believe replacing the unit with OEM would be north of $2K or something silly. Should i just give up on it or is it worth having some one look at it for repair? Also, any furhter reports on the high end Kenwood/Pioneer aftermarket unit (DMX?). If I need to go aftermarket I want to retain all features (reserve cam, front and rear park sensor graphics, steer buttons and display to dash) and am prepared to pay for the best unit. what is the current view on what is the best unit? does it provide the navigation info to the dash display as well? I don't think i want an 11 inch screen or whatever as covering up a/c vents is not advisable in this part of the world

thanks again for reading and any comments you have.

Back