Amarok ergoComfort seats in a T6?

Spoke to a guy this morning re heated seats and he's looking at just over 1k + vat (2 single seats) and some sort of ac switch which he say usually bought 2nd hand for around £80 but not sure if they are available for a T6.1 yet :(

The rails are a wider and not central to the seat so had to use some 10mm x 50mm flat bar, this allows enough material for drilling and tapping for new M10 threads to suit the new seats and enough material to create a pocket for the existing fixings to sit it. I do have access to a milling machine which helps but its nothing that couldn't be done on a pillar drill with the correct cutter.

The rails are a wider and not central to the seat so had to use some 10mm x 50mm flat bar, this allows enough material for drilling and tapping for new M10 threads to suit the new seats and enough material to create a pocket for the existing fixings to sit it. I do have access to a milling machine which helps but its nothing that couldn't be done on a pillar drill with the correct cutter.
Ahh no bother wasn’t sure if the A6 was a straight fit cheers!

Afraid not, think its only T5/5.1/6/6.1 that are a straight swap. I did have some 2018 Vauxhall insignia seats fitted before, there are some nice sets on ebay and I have some adapter plates to suit these, something to consider?

Just an example, not the seller. Very comfortable seats and lots of adjustment, just couldn't miss the A6 seats for £100.

Swapped out standard kombi seats for a set of comfort electric caravelle seats, paid 2100 for the velle seats and sold my originals for 900 so the basic swap cost me 1100. On top of that I needed a kufatec loom and the electric velle seats need adaptor rails they don't just bolt straight in. Notice some sellers do include these but mine didn't. Think they were about 70 from the dealer.

Seats are so much better and defo more comfortable. The only downside is most of the sets for sale here are for lhd models so the passenger side has the memory function never really bothered me as 90% of the time its only me driving.

To match up I also put velle floor rails in the back and have two individual captain seats and the table in the rear. Looks good and so flexible. This probably cost me about 1200 to do once I factor in selling the original rear seats, just don't be guided by ebay prices for these. Plus significant cussing and skint knuckles doing the actual job, I was lucky having access to a ramp I would not like to have tried it without one.

Hi @kiter I don't suppose you have a part number or picture of the adapter you mention? Interested in doing the same swap. Thanks

I've put some Audi A6 seats in the front of mine, only the basic version but have electric lumbar and heating and are roomier and more supportive all round plus they were cheap as chips and the rest of the interior got turned in to a handy centre console.View attachment 98169View attachment 98170View attachment 98171View attachment 98172
Hi Gavinda, i have just bought Audi TT seats, they are heated and have airbags, did you adapt your loom to fit this? My existing T6 seats are heated and have airbags so wondering how to wire in....

I'm afraid I'm probably not the person to ask, as my seats did not have airbags nor were they heated so I removed the airbags from the audi seats and wired the heating up to some older style VAG switches which I installed in the seats. In your scenario, I would imagine it being a straight forward case of identifying the wiring on your original loom and the loom on the seats and join up the dots. I did find a few audi forums helped me out identifying the seat wiring.

I'm afraid I'm probably not the person to ask, as my seats did not have airbags nor were they heated so I removed the airbags from the audi seats and wired the heating up to some older style VAG switches which I installed in the seats. In your scenario, I would imagine it being a straight forward case of identifying the wiring on your original loom and the loom on the seats and join up the dots. I did find a few audi forums helped me out identifying the seat wiring.
Great thanks, will have a look on the Audi forums, may have to trick the plug into seeing a connection for the airbag and then just adapt the plug to fit the audi for the heated seats.

Back