T6.1 Caravelle UK 8-seat options: mount 3rd captains seat centrally? Install bench seat rear-facing?

That's not what I asked though is it?

Raising a concern that it may not be within type approval is one thing and helpful as others may not have considered that and then do the research (or take the risk, which they are perfectly entitled to do)

Stating categorically that it isn't but not providing a reference is not helpful to the discussion, it just adds to the confusion.

If you don't have a reference I suggest you edit your post to clarify that it's your opinion to save future confusion.
I’d suggest as it’s not a layout displayed in any VW publication that configuration does not have approval as it causes obvious issues with egress and passenger safety, doesn’t represent the seating shown on the V5 and therefore would invalidate insurance coverage.
Feel free to submit the vehicle for SVA with that configuration and submit images of the layout to insurance underwriters to verify if they’ll provide cover.
I’d suggest that posts suggesting this layout are accompanied with a disclaimer that it is not an approved layout by VW, doesn’t reflect the V5 and will potentially invalidate insurance coverage.!

Again are you stating your opinion or do you have a useful reference one way or the other?

A V5 lists the number of seats, nothing more.

I have submitted a vehicle for SVA (kit built Robin Hood) and I was surprised at how little you need to do compared to full type approval.

You'll note on this forum I am always at pains to either reference or caveat that it's an opinion or qualify my level of expertise. Indeed I have corrected my posts when I've made mistakes. This isn't Facebook or Twitter, we're here to help each other not flame each other.

Back