Amarok ergoComfort seats in a T6?

I'm not getting very far with it! But then I have other priorities for the van at the moment, and no long journeys planned

I’m just intrigued at the option. It isn’t urgent - I need to start putting pennies away for the seats and then the cost of recovering the rear bench seat to match!

I’m just intrigued at the option. It isn’t urgent - I need to start putting pennies away for the seats and then the cost of recovering the rear bench seat to match!
They aren’t going to be easy to find I would suggest but worth looking for. I think the retrim will be the most costly part.

I have the ergo comfort seats in my Amarok and they are very good, comfy and very relaxing over long drives. Will certainly miss them when I part with the truck

If they could be sourced and fitted to a Kombi then I would also be very tempted

Swapped out standard kombi seats for a set of comfort electric caravelle seats, paid 2100 for the velle seats and sold my originals for 900 so the basic swap cost me 1100. On top of that I needed a kufatec loom and the electric velle seats need adaptor rails they don't just bolt straight in. Notice some sellers do include these but mine didn't. Think they were about 70 from the dealer.

Seats are so much better and defo more comfortable. The only downside is most of the sets for sale here are for lhd models so the passenger side has the memory function never really bothered me as 90% of the time its only me driving.

To match up I also put velle floor rails in the back and have two individual captain seats and the table in the rear. Looks good and so flexible. This probably cost me about 1200 to do once I factor in selling the original rear seats, just don't be guided by ebay prices for these. Plus significant cussing and skint knuckles doing the actual job, I was lucky having access to a ramp I would not like to have tried it without one.

Kiter, thanks for the reply. That's exactly similar to what I was thinking for my last T6. There was a guy from Oxford who carried out similar conversions who gave me a quote but ended selling and going the caravan route. However this time around it's something I'd want to do and thanks for quoting costings, not too painful

It sounds like you've done the work yourself, only downside for me is I'd have to get someone to do it for me which of course adds to overall cost

Would it be possible to see some pictures of your interior work :thumbsup:

Here you go, I took my time and was able to source parts quite reasonably from ebay and gumtree, did take a good 6 months. Also found that carriage to our part of the country is much cheaper if you get to know a few of the man with a van independant guys, saved me a fortune and folks that said no postage were quite amenable to this as they didn't have the hassle of trying to pack them.

Between here and a friendly vw parts guy it wasn't hard to get the bits I needed that weren't available second hand, things like clips I bought all new.1610282426737_IMG_20210110_123410.jpg1610282424670_IMG_20210110_123543.jpg1610282420405_1610282419264_1610282411018_IMG_20210110_123456.jpg

Thanks for taking the time kiter, looks great and excellent work might I add. That is exactly what I would like to achieve, very jealous indeed :thumbsup:

I was trying to explain to my girlfriend what I would like to achieve but she didn’t really understand and didn’t think it was a good idea. Just showed my girlfriend your pictures and she was blown away, thinks it’s very nice and would be perfect for us too and yes very versatile

Here you go, I took my time and was able to source parts quite reasonably from ebay and gumtree, did take a good 6 months. Also found that carriage to our part of the country is much cheaper if you get to know a few of the man with a van independant guys, saved me a fortune and folks that said no postage were quite amenable to this as they didn't have the hassle of trying to pack them.

Between here and a friendly vw parts guy it wasn't hard to get the bits I needed that weren't available second hand, things like clips I bought all new.View attachment 98143View attachment 98144View attachment 98145
That’s simply a stunning job you’ve done there. I see what you mean about the memory function but that isn’t the end of the world. I wonder how much adaption would be needed to put them on the California swivel bases!

That’s simply a stunning job you’ve done there. I see what you mean about the memory function but that isn’t the end of the world. I wonder how much adaption would be needed to put them on the California swivel bases!
The OEM swivel isn't on the base its part of the seat.

Far as I remember i don't think it was possible to have electric seats and swivels from the factory so probably not an option unless you went aftermarket for the swivel.

Far as I remember i don't think it was possible to have electric seats and swivels from the factory so probably not an option unless you went aftermarket for the swivel.
Yep! That light is starting to dawn on me!!!

I've put some Audi A6 seats in the front of mine, only the basic version but have electric lumbar and heating and are roomier and more supportive all round plus they were cheap as chips and the rest of the interior got turned in to a handy centre console.20210108_161706.jpgIMG-20210108-WA0000.jpg20210108_161740.jpg20210108_161752.jpg

Interesting...same rails as the Caddy? Does that help?

Can fit Caddy seats on T5 bases:
Are T5 and T6 drivers seats a straight swap?

If so, this implies that Caddy, transporter and amarok seats are all compatible

I had a Caddy before the T6 and I fitted MK7 Golf R seats into the Caddy. I’ve seen people also fit these Golf R seats into a Transporter but you need some flat bar or square section tube to make up the difference in width between the Golf runners and the T5/6 bases.

I‘ve thought about fitting some different seats in my T6 a couple of times - once was before I spent £700 on a passenger single captains seat to replace the double.

I’ve seen transporters with all kinds of seats like Audi, Recaro, VXR etc. I’m sure the seats are much more comfy than the standard T5/6 seats but for me there are two main issues - they don’t have arms and they won’t match my 3 seater Kombi bench.

Agree about the arm rests wouldn't be without them, I was going to use the ones from my original seats but thought I'd try some cheap one from eBay, they are great, easy to fit (took 10 mins per seat) they're sturdier, wider and a better shape on top and I have enough leather left over from the rear seats to cover them when I get round to possibly having the rear bench trimmed. Another plus was being able to mount the pivot higher up the seat as I found the standard ones were positioned too low.

kita, so would these heated seats be easy to wire in (dash, switches etc) if no heated seats already in place

Not sure mate, I had factory heated seats to kick off with. I would reckon its certainly do able. Kufatec do loads of looms. I did cheat a little on mine in that heated seats use the factory wiring and I adapted the kufatec loom and it is hooked in to my leisure battery under the passenger seat. All properly fused into the mini fuse box that I have for the extra rear sockets and extra roof lights etc.

Back