Alpine Halo 9 & 11 Connection issues with Wireless CarPlay

Dav-Tec

Audio, Security, Brakes, Suspension & More
VCDS User
Trade Member
T6 Legend
Hi everyone,

Just an update to support people with the Alpine 9 & 11 head units. If you are experiencing connection issues with wireless CarPlay please update your head units' firmware. using the following link which has the firmware and instructions. CLICK ME PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS IF YOUR HEAD UNIT HAS FIRMWARE VERSION 1.11.250 OR HIGHER.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Cheers
Chris
1657454464379.png

1657454349040.png

1657454451401.png

There is a further update as of 15/09/22 for anyone still having issues.

Firmware Update Content – Release Notes​

• This firmware update includes new applications for your Alpine Head Unit
  • Fixes connection problem of “Wireless Apple CarPlay” with new iPhone iOS software update
  • Fixes echo noise during HFT calling when using Pre-Out.
  • Fixes no "Apple CarPlay" check box when swapping to another iPhone on the device list after ACC OFF and ON.
  • Fixes flickering on camera screen after switching to AUX source from another source then selecting the camera screen.
  • Adds Tidal Support
Please note:
  • The Update is not required for Alpine units with Firmware versions “2.0.000” or higher.

Hi guys. I've recently done this firmware upgrade on my Halo 9 after it lost Carplay connection with latest IOS version. I found the Alpine instructions a little confusing so just a watch out. To me it implied that you need to extract the PAK file fully onto the USB stick, but it only worked if both the PAK and other small file remain in the folder that is downloaded. So transfer the folder to the USB, not the individual files. Hope that helps anyone stuck with this.

Back