Alpine Halo 9 (dead headunit)

d3xt3rp

Had a halo 9 fitted for 3 or 4 years in my T6. Went to start the van up today for the first time in a couple of weeks and no power showing on the head unit at all, it looks to be completely dead. Most everything else seems ok except for the USB point above the glove box that I use to connect my phone to the halo for android auto connectivity & phone charging also appears to be dead (guessing it draws power from the halo). Van isn't a daily driver and I hadn't used the van for a couple of weeks and it wouldn't start a few days ago so plugged it in to a smart charger (which I normally leave it on when not using the van for a period of time).

Need to check fuses as a starter. Can anyone identify which one it is from the pic?
20220926_103858.jpg

Fuse 10, 30a (Green, Left row) if no Start/Stop

Power comes directly from the Voltage stabiliser in the E-box if it has Start/Stop but that is fed by fuse 4 in the small fuse box next to the E-box.

Power comes directly from the Voltage stabiliser in the E-box if it has Start/Stop but that is fed by fuse 4 in the small fuse box next to the E-box.
Thanks for that. Have start/stop so will check out fuse 4! cheers.

Hi Lightrofit, so I'd assumed (incorrectly I think) that the fuse 4 in the second line above would be in the fuse box to the left of the battery but guessing it's not as they all look ok. Could you let us know where to locate the small fuse box you've mentioned. TIA.

Hi Lightrofit, so I'd assumed (incorrectly I think) that the fuse 4 in the second line above would be in the fuse box to the left of the battery but guessing it's not as they all look ok. Could you let us know where to locate the small fuse box you've mentioned. TIA.

Hiya bud, that’s the correct location.

Do you have a multimeter to test power output at the fuse and Quadlock?

The unit only has permanent power, it gets the turn on signal from canbus so could be a loose connection behind the unit.

Hiya bud, that’s the correct location.

Do you have a multimeter to test power output at the fuse and Quadlock?

The unit only has permanent power, it gets the turn on signal from canbus so could be a loose connection behind the unit.
Ah ok, visually all fuses looked good there so I'll get a meter ordered and test. cheers

I be tempted to disconnect the Halo power plug , leave it for a few seconds, and plug it back in unfortunately you have to remove the unit .
also double check the plastic power plate

Back