Alarm Movement Sensor - disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

I'm aware that my van has the factory alarm fitted and it'll be the same pretty much as that fitted to my recently replaced caddy. I intend to go camping in it next month at the Superbikes , my question is, as the bulkhead is still fitted, will I need to use the interior monitoring switch(which I obviously can't reach with bulkhead in place) when I'm kipping in the back? Or can I just lock her up and not worry about the alarm going off? My old caddy had the mesh bulkhead in so the monitoring did reach the whole van so I think what I did was, open the side door, go to the drivers door, press the switch then lock her up when I was in the back? There used to be something about pressing the remote lock button twice would lock the vehicle but not apply the deadlocks? Is this still a feature? I should maybe just have got off my butt and gone out to try it but......well....it's a bit rainy and there's footy on the box and the mrs has just brought me a brew...so....?

1 button press deadlocks.
2nd button press unlocks deadlocks.

Small button on drivers b-piller disables interor monitor. (Press before locking).

Cheers Dell, I should just have tried it! I might still take the top half of the bulkhead out when I camp.....I can reach the button then ....

So I’ve had the van for two weeks and hove only just seen this switch! Just by the Behind the side of the driver Seat on the pillar. I’ve pushed it . Nothing happened. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

E02D14F5-30B3-40EE-9471-096A730DB2B4.jpeg

4AECF9AF-B9A4-414C-8A84-3E306227F146.jpeg

It disables the interior sensor on the alarm. Press it before you get out and lock the doors.
Useful if you are sleeping in the van or have a dog in it,

Back