Alarm Movement Sensor - disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

So what does this mean? Everything's still locked but dead locks aren't active? How secure is it without the dead locks?
If the van is deadlocked or “safelock” active. You can’t open the doors from the inside even with the handles. A second press of the remote disables the deadlocking so the doors are locked but you can open the van from the inside.

If the van is deadlocked or “safelock” active. You can’t open the doors from the inside even with the handles. A second press of the remote disables the deadlocking so the doors are locked but you can open the van from the inside.

So am I missing something here then? Is a double key fob press to lock when inside not a good thing? Then the deadlocks are disabled and you can still open the doors from inside the van?

So am I missing something here then? Is a double key fob press to lock when inside not a good thing? Then the deadlocks are disabled and you can still open the doors from inside the van?
I think the slight inconvenience with "double-clicking" is that the alarm sets off then when a door is opened :eek:. However, the interior monitoring is disabled. Have a look here ---> Vcds For Begineer

the alarm sets off when a door is opened.

That is why I find it easier (as stated above) to use the manual door lock switch on the top of the drivers door. This locks the doors but does not set the interior monitoring alarm. You don't get the noisy double locking and you can still open from the inside without an alarm going off.

You just need to pull the sliding door handle twice to get out and can push the knob back down again when you get back in.

Reactions: mmi

Switching an inside light on would also set off the alarm as would opening a door, even when double pressed. Just use the interior door switch as already said.

Hi,

When I leave the dog in the car I switch off the internal sensor by pressing the switch which sits on the door pillar to the left on the drivers side. An orange light usually comes on, you lock it and the dog can't set off the alarm when he moves.

It's stopped working. Still under warranty but can anyone think of a quick fix.

mick.

Loz,

Thanks. I always do it with the door open. Not sure my double press works cos I've tried that before but I'll have a go.

@Los yep that works. looked at the manual and its called safelock but is not fitted to every T6. VW manuals are great :uh run:

But the door pillar switch doesn't work so I need to get that sorted. Could be a fuse I suppose.

Safelock means deadlock so you have to listen for the number of clunks when you lock it.
Does your mfd show the drivers door open when its open?

Ill look up the fuse for you now.

Circuit diagram says Fuse SC20 but the fuse listings say SC19 so check both the 7.5a mini blades top left of the under dash fuse box.
One feeds the button the other the interior lights.

...going back to check the fuse assignments further on in the diagrams to see which tallied up.

SC20 feeds the light in the switch SC19 is shown elsewhere going to the switch but looking at the switch itself it only grounds out 2 feeds from the bcu so likely they are logic only and not fused.

check the door open switch is registering in the mfd display (thinking that if it cant see the door open, it won’t let you press the button)

Strewth! is that the time...

Last edited:
@Loz I had a look using your fuse card as a guide. There is no SC19 or 20. See photo. MFD Door open is working.

MFD is working fine.IMG_3991.jpg

Yet another variation on the wiring then..

you can check all the fuses without removing them, by using a continuity tester across the tiny exposed pins you can see on the fuses.

Found this switch while cleaning the van today, anyone know what it is and what it does?

D810D7B7-41C9-4A76-AB51-E72100291108.jpeg

Oh... what and when would you use this? What’s it for ... apart from detecting motion

Back