Alarm Movement Sensor - disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

Have any of you electrickery genius types here on the T6F ever given thought to moving the door mounted switch to somewhere in the back or, even better, fitting a secondary switch, connected to the one on the door? As Nigel says above, accessing the door switch can sometimes be a pain from the back of a camper and the second switch in a more convenient position In the back would solve a lot of problems (for me anyway).

Have any of you electrickery genius types here on the T6F ever given thought to moving the door mounted switch to somewhere in the back or, even better, fitting a secondary switch, connected to the one on the door? As Nigel says above, accessing the door switch can sometimes be a pain from the back of a camper and the second switch in a more convenient position In the back would solve a lot of problems (for me anyway).
I’m sure I saw a thread somewhere on this forum.....just need to find it.

DXX - Cheer for that - if there is one, I've never found it and I did a lot of searching in my when I first got my van last year (that's your cue to prove me wrong!).

OK I'll do it in the morning but reporting back will have to wait until I've been to the moon and back which should be equally within my capabilities. That said, thanks for the efforts that you went to in finding the old thread.

When I go to bed at night I lock the van which activates the alarm. When
I get up during the night to use the porta Potti the alarm goes off, waking up the entire glen. I have tried unlocking the door before I get up but it relocks within seconds and when I move it goes off. How do I fix this? Thanks

and,

Getting to the drivers door switch can be a pain, take a look at the solution offered in the following thread, it works a treat.

On my T6 Highline you click lock button on fob once to deadlock and set alarm, then click again. This leaves doors locked, but turns off deadlocks and alarm. Safer for sleeping.

As I have said on many occasions, using the fob to lock the doors when sleeping in the van is bad practice for the issues you have raised but also, there is a risk that you can get locked out in your undies. There have been a few reports of the side door locking itself.
If you can use the driver's door button, that is the best method.

On mine, doing the double press turns the motion sensors off but the alarm will still sound if you open a door without hitting unlock on the key fob first. Not good for your reputation with the rest of the campsite! As Loz says, the door switch is the way to go unless some enterprising soul on here could make and sell an easy to fit secondary switch for the back of the van (along the lines of that that xswind linked to above) with instructions that even a moron like me could follow. I for one would be in straight away.

Setting that alarm up sounds like a big job to me, I would probably have to dump it in the garage rather than squeeze it out at home...

Reactions: DXX
On my T6 Highline you click lock button on fob once to deadlock and set alarm, then click again. This leaves doors locked, but turns off deadlocks and alarm. Safer for sleeping.
I've tried that a few times but it doesn't always work, seems you need to get the timing right.

I had to make sure it was working by shuffling down to the drivers door and checking the led wasn't flashing, by which time I could have reached the safe lock button on the door :slow rofl:

Back