Vcds For Begineer

Rabbit

T6 Pro
Hi All:)

I've been using my new T6 Panel van for about a week now and i just cant take anymore of the dam internal motion sensor button with have my dogs in the van. Getting something from the back of the van has become a nightmare, so I've decided to buy a Ross-Tech VCDS Hex-V2 usb package (3 Vin) which is 2 more vins than i need.

A couple of questions though, will altering the VCDS effect the warranty? And does permanently turning off the motion sensors affect the safe lock?

I'm not buying it to the start of next month so in the meantime I'm trying to get my mind around the whole area, is their an idiots guide to using the Ross-Tech anywhere?

Also is there a way to make the vehicle beep or something if you lock it with a door still open? So as you know that it isnt locked correctly as looking out for the red light/indicator flash isnt always that easy to do in bright light

Nope nothing there in relation to disabling the sensors and deadlocks :(

Worse case i can live with the loss of the deadlock if it means not having to walk around to the driver's door every time. Not ideal, but garb a toolbox press button and lock, return for another toolbox and press button again and lock, return for a part and press button and lock... is driving me up the wall :mad:

Nope nothing there in relation to disabling the sensors and deadlocks :(

Worse case i can live with the loss of the deadlock if it means not having to walk around to the driver's door every time. Not ideal, but garb a toolbox press button and lock, return for another toolbox and press button again and lock, return for a part and press button and lock... is driving me up the wall :mad:
Yes.. but if I understood the thread correctly when locking doubleclick on your remote would disable alarm and deadlock - so almost there maybe :unsure:

I think unplugging the sensor will have the desired effect or a double click on the keyfob should work but will need testing to see if this also disabled deadlocks, not all vehicles seem the same

Yes.. but if I understood the thread correctly when locking doubleclick on your remote would disable alarm and deadlock - so almost there maybe :unsure:
I will try double locking tomorrow and see what happens, if it cures it then i will be one very happy bunny :D

There are other things that i would like to change (but can live with for the moment) but the dam alarm.

Thanks for the clarification

Looking good so far by my quick test, double clicking does indeed seem to turn the sensors off as well which for me is excellent news.

Thanks once again for the heads up :)

Looking good so far by my quick test, double clicking does indeed seem to turn the sensors off as well which for me is excellent news.

Thanks once again for the heads up :)
Excellent news. Actually had to do the same test by locking myself in. Double clicking turns the sensors off. However the alarm is still active because then opening the door triggered the alarm. I also realized that I can shut down the triggered alarm by pressing "open" in keyfob (instead of need to turn ignition on). So as long as your dogs don't open the door you are probably just fine ;)

That's what I did! Sat in the van and tried it, then opened the door and set the alarm off! :rolleyes:

Over the moon with the solution, so really can't thank you enough. If only it was in the manual or the dealership knew about it as I tried both 1st before posting. Still job sorted, so thanks once again:thumbsup:

Reactions: mmi
Excellent news. Actually had to do the same test by locking myself in. Double clicking turns the sensors off. However the alarm is still active because then opening the door triggered the alarm. I also realized that I can shut down the triggered alarm by pressing "open" in keyfob (instead of need to turn ignition on). So as long as your dogs don't open the door you are probably just fine ;)
My dog is quite smart mind, so I'll need to tell her not to open the doors........

Reactions: mmi
Back