Alarm Movement Sensor - disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

can you press the b pillar button and leave through the side door? my ridgeback would be howling and chewing the wheel up if we left her and she couldnt see us

I don’t believe that a double Press does anything but knock out the deadlocking. To isolate the interior ultrasonics needs the b post button to be pressed.
Interesting concept around whether it matters which door is open when the button is pressed though. That needs a field test.

I don’t believe that a double Press does anything but knock out the deadlocking. To isolate the interior ultrasonics needs the b post button to be pressed.
Interesting concept around whether it matters which door is open when the button is pressed though. That needs a field test.
don't you remember that long discussion and topic on the subject of deadlocking and how I was disappointed that the double press disabled everything... or was it the button that also turned off the deadlock.. need to go back to that topic and read my results again, but you only need the door open a fraction (lock released) to operate the button.
When we are camping I get out of sliding door and just open the drivers door a a tiny bit as my screen cover is also very tight, but I have a cali to the slider is on the driver's side.

With my screens on there is just enough room to open the door and reach in for the B pillar button.

don't you remember that long discussion and topic on the subject of deadlocking and how I was disappointed that the double press disabled everything... or was it the button that also turned off the deadlock.. need to go back to that topic and read my results again, but you only need the door open a fraction (lock released) to operate the button.
When we are camping I get out of sliding door and just open the drivers door a a tiny bit as my screen cover is also very tight, but I have a cali to the slider is on the driver's side.
Yep, but I also have a feeling that some folk had different results. Like you say, reckon we need to revisit

Thanks all, some very helpful replies so far. I think my best bet is to slightly open drivers door with silver screen on and use b pillar button.

But I did read on another forum that using the key in the drivers door lock to lock up the van did NOT activate the interior sensors but I’m gonna have to test this theory.

Thanks all, some very helpful replies so far. I think my best bet is to slightly open drivers door with silver screen on and use b pillar button.

But I did read on another forum that using the key in the drivers door lock to lock up the van did NOT activate the interior sensors but I’m gonna have to test this theory.
Turning the key is same as pressing the button, 1 for full lock 2 for no deadlocks

I just went out and tested mine again and a double press of the key disables deadlocks AND volumetrics.

The double fob press sounds like the best option but think I need to test this as I’m hearing conflicting answers. I’ll give it a go and report back .

Hi all, is there a way of stopping the alarm going off when I am sleeping in my combi. I know there is a switch on the b pillar that I believe is meant to stop it but as soon as I move it triggers??
Any pointers as to where i am going wrong??

Open your drivers door, press the switch, close the door then lock. Or a better option is to manually push the buttons down from inside the van, that way you're not putting any alarm on at all.

Or just use the manual door lock switch on the top of the drivers door. This locks the doors but does not set the interior monitoring alarm.

Or just use the manual door lock switch on the top of the drivers door. This locks the doors but does not set the interior monitoring alarm.
Yup this is what we do, just remember that to open the sliding door from inside you need to do a double pull on the handle.

I set the perimeter alarm when in the middle of nowhere but just use the internal button if I'm on a campsite.

We don’t bother locking the doors when in the van on well occupied UK campsites - thinking being that we have camped in tents for years with nothing but zips and canvas between us and anyone wanting to get at us without problem and/or hearing of someone else having problems on sites. Obviously, if wild camping or on sites with few other people around we might think a bit differently.

Back