Alarm Movement Sensor - disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

Funny you should say that. When I was 19 I did an Outward Bound Course at Ashburton in Devon, (gone now) and we did a two day one night hike. Part of the course was you had to do this one on your own. I found the designated spot I had to camp for the night and one of the instructors came along to check on me. I noticed he then went off in the opposite direction before heading off and leaving me. A little later along comes one of my fellow team mates. Turns out he was camped about 200 meters away and we sat chatting before he went off to his tent. In the morning after a freezing night (it was November) I met up with my mate in the morning and asked if he slept well. He said he had the life scared out of him in the night when a horse stuck it's head through the tent flaps :grin bounce:. After laughing our heads off we walked off on our separate ways back to the place where the course was. Still think of the guy with a horse looking in the tent at him :think smile bounce:
Those horses are a menace! They get really agro... been chased by them a few times (lived just off Exmoor, where there were wild horses at the bottom of our lane).

Good eve, i have just got my T6 and iv got a few small issues, I have a dog ! most of the time this is not a problem, But now every time i LOCK the van i have to press the button by the drivers door. if you have just getting out, not a problem, but if you are getting fuel then you have to make several trips around the van to fill up and lock the van.

can anybody help with a way to turn this off permanently or put a switch in that is either off or on.

Thanks

I think you can disable the interior motion sensor with VCDS.

There is a button on the drivers side B post. If you press that it turns off the internal motion sensor.

Drivers door must be open when you press the B pillar button to deactivate. If I remember right, it turns from red to yellow to indicate the motion sensors are off.

Good eve, i have just got my T6 and iv got a few small issues, I have a dog ! most of the time this is not a problem, But now every time i LOCK the van i have to press the button by the drivers door. if you have just getting out, not a problem, but if you are getting fuel then you have to make several trips around the van to fill up and lock the van.

can anybody help with a way to turn this off permanently or put a switch in that is either off or on.

Thanks
Its not just the dogs - I find camping, especially in summer, that the internal sensors are very sensitive to bugs. As a consequence, I regularly use the b pillar button if leaving the van unattended for any period when camping - sods law, as soon as I've disabled the sensors and locked up (do you have to use the key or can you use the remote after disabling??) Jo decides she has forgotten something and we have to start the whole cycle again!! Grrrr!!!

diesel donkey yes that is what i have found, but it resets back to motion sensors on. i would like to be able to choose on or off and it stay there. Deaky how would i go about doing that with VCDS ? or finding someone who could ? Many thanks for your replys

We have the same but dog never seems to set off alarm. Button pressed or not. Is it a motion sensor or volumetric.
If window is left open and a hand stuck in window then alarm goes off.

Davenjo, YES so annoying , i am able to use the fob to lock after pressing the button.
Ah, but does it still lock without the internal sensors being activated - how do you test? lol

Grainfoot im not sure what sort of sensor , sometimes the dog sets it off but not every time, i guessed that when she just slept and did not move it did not set the alarm ! iv not had the van long to figure it out but it would be nice to just turn it off !

i did call the main dealer today to ask them, the service guy did not know, but said he would find out, iv not heard back yet, i don't hold much hope of them turning it off.

i did call the main dealer today to ask them, the service guy did not know, but said he would find out, iv not heard back yet, i don't hold much hope of them turning it off.
I'd be interested in this, especially if there was a simple switch to disable for as long as required, e.g. duration of camping trip, rather than having to do it every time you lock the van.

Have a look on the map and see if there is anyone close to you with a yellow pin who could do it for a few beer tokens. Or you’d need to buy a lead but that would cost a few hundred quid. The sensors are in between the windscreen and interior light. You could try prising the cover off them and disconnect them.

Have a look on the map and see if there is anyone close to you with a yellow pin who could do it for a few beer tokens. Or you’d need to buy a lead but that would cost a few hundred quid. The sensors are in between the windscreen and interior light. You could try prising the cover off them and disconnect them.
Not sure about the OP but turning off in VCDS wouldn’t be for me as I don’t want them permanently switched off. Would putting masking tape over the sensors work?

Grainfoot im not sure what sort of sensor , sometimes the dog sets it off but not every time, i guessed that when she just slept and did not move it did not set the alarm ! iv not had the van long to figure it out but it would be nice to just turn it off !
Have noticed if door pillar button is not pressed then doors lock with a double lock , am assuming that is deadlock operating. With pillar button operated doors lock with a single lock, no deadlock!
Motion/volumetric alarm also deactivated.?
Yes press fob again and it appears all is back on.

Have noticed if door pillar button is not pressed then doors lock with a double lock , am assuming that is deadlock operating. With pillar button operated doors lock with a single lock, no deadlock!
Motion/volumetric alarm also deactivated.?
Yes press fob again and it appears all is back on.
Correct, pressing the button also removes the deadlock.

that's interesting, so for van security i could really do with just the internal sensors off. it has to be more secure with dead locks !!

Back