Alarm Movement Sensor - disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

I just manually press all the buttons down...I do the front 2 when the screens go up, the back door when the curtains get closed and the sliding door when I've been for my last wee...then if up in the night for a further wee (woman of a certain age), just bob the button down when I get back...simples.

I press the lock button on the drivers door above the wing mirror switch. Dont use the alarm otherwise can't open the sliding door without setting off the alarm.

Either one of these for us, the button on the door will be the first choice once I get a single passenger seat to gain easier access to it

I often wish someone would join me :rofl:
Funny you should say that. When I was 19 I did an Outward Bound Course at Ashburton in Devon, (gone now) and we did a two day one night hike. Part of the course was you had to do this one on your own. I found the designated spot I had to camp for the night and one of the instructors came along to check on me. I noticed he then went off in the opposite direction before heading off and leaving me. A little later along comes one of my fellow team mates. Turns out he was camped about 200 meters away and we sat chatting before he went off to his tent. In the morning after a freezing night (it was November) I met up with my mate in the morning and asked if he slept well. He said he had the life scared out of him in the night when a horse stuck it's head through the tent flaps :grin bounce:. After laughing our heads off we walked off on our separate ways back to the place where the course was. Still think of the guy with a horse looking in the tent at him :think smile bounce:

Funny you should say that. When I was 19 I did an Outward Bound Course at Ashburton in Devon, (gone now) and we did a two day one night hike. Part of the course was you had to do this one on your own. I found the designated spot I had to camp for the night and one of the instructors came along to check on me. I noticed he then went off in the opposite direction before heading off and leaving me. A little later along comes one of my fellow team mates. Turns out he was camped about 200 meters away and we sat chatting before he went off to his tent. In the morning after a freezing night (it was November) I met up with my mate in the morning and asked if he slept well. He said he had the life scared out of him in the night when a horse stuck it's head through the tent flaps :grin bounce:. After laughing our heads off we walked off on our separate ways back to the place where the course was. Still think of the guy with a horse looking in the tent at him :think smile bounce:
He was lucky, It could have been a Pig ;)

Personnally we opt for the central locking button on the top of the drivers door. But then the kids are in the awning next to us protected by a zip!

Good evening all, as I sit in my highline drivers seat, there is a toggle switch just to my right behind the drivers door, does anyone know what this is it for, don't want to press it encase its an ejector seat button.

Thank you for you time

Thanks Dave, not sure why I would need to de activate them?? if the alarm was set, what other sensors are there, sorry for being a little thick cheers

You might leave dogs in the van, which would trigger the movement sensors. The alarm isn't deactivated just internal sensors I believe.

I guess they're for anyone who has a California/Camper too. Would be a sucky way to wake up just as your going to sleep.

Drivers door has to be open when you press the switch then close door and lock van and interior sensors will be shut off

I use it if I'm leaving one of the kids in the car for a min while nipping into pay for fuel or to be able to leave a window partially down for air flow.

Interior sensors, anti-tow and the deadlocks are disabled with this button.

You might use it;
When leaving animals in the vehicle as mentioned
Humans as you pop into a shop
On a ferry etc.

Back