Alarm Movement Sensor - disabling for sleeping / leaving dogs / windows ajar [thread merge]

Module 09
Byte 08
bit 4

Does anyone know how to turn off the rear interior monitoring? I have installed a pop top and the rear interior sensor has been disconnected. I now have a fault code within vcds which I know is the rear interior monitor even though it does not say it. This may explain my alarm going off randomly.
I would like to keep the front installed and turned on but simply code out the rear if thats at all possible?

@bullracing , did you ever resolve this. I've the same issue that the dealers found when looking for parasitic drain but they wont touch it due to it being caused by the convertors. Got a carista in the post but I dont think it can code it?

This may explain my alarm going off randomly.
Last alarm sources are recorded in BCM measurement blocks. However, not sure if front/rear are distinguished.
1609063843719.png
I would like to keep the front installed and turned on but simply code out the rear if thats at all possible?
Is this VCDS Scan still valid?

Please post BCM(09) adaptation map. Perhaps a comparison of that with a van with front sensor only would tell us something :thumbsup:
How to --> Adpmap&blockmap

Last edited:
Overcomplicated, drink enough beer so you don’t move while sleeping.

@prog99 and @mmi Yes I still have that error. I know 100% it is due to the rear int monitor because before the roof was fitted I plugged the rear sensor back in and the fault went, unplugged it and fault was there again. I just cannot seem to program it out. Again if I say there is no anti theift system installed, the fault is gone.
I have the van at home for the xmas period so I will get a scan done today or tomorrow and get it uploaded.
It is good to hear that there is a model with just front int sensors as this means there is a possibilty of writing it out.

This is what I got out of carista for mine. Disabling the alarm doesn't make it go away.

Central electronics
Part #: 7E0937090D
Component: BCM PQ25 Max4
Software version: 0762
ASAM/ODX identifier: [none]
Coding: A0AC393A0A61301193284F746CEB8EF40F84710F60CC6D60330400230840 (hex)
Fault codes:
03156 Sensor for Warning System Theft

This is what I got out of carista for mine. Disabling the alarm doesn't make it go away.

Central electronics
Part #: 7E0937090D
Component: BCM PQ25 Max4
Software version: 0762
ASAM/ODX identifier: [none]
Coding: A0AC393A0A61301193284F746CEB8EF40F84710F60CC6D60330400230840 (hex)
Fault codes:
03156 Sensor for Warning System Theft
Just to clarify - you cleared the fault after changing the coding? And then did fault scan again?

Apologies @mmi , poor wording.
You cant code out the individual sensors with carista just alarm on or off. The error keeps coming back after its cleared and alarm disabled through coding or through the door switch.

Reactions: mmi
Hi guys
i have a small illuminated switch on my pillar behind the driver seat on my VW T6 - can anyone tell me what is does please ?
thank you in advance - im still learning ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys
i have a small illuminated switch on my pillar behind the driver seat on my VW T6 - can anyone tell me what is does please ?
thank you in advance - im still elarning ;)
It disables the internal motion sensor / alarm for the cab area, useful when camping. That said I use the door lock button on the drivers door instead.

Sounds like the 'disable' switch for the internal alarm sensors.. got a picture?

i havent got the van here at the minute - the mrs has gone to collect three coffins ;)
I will say its a fanatastic piece of kit for the funeral trade
Wish my undertaker boss would get a T6, our "private ambulances" are a Transit and some horrible Hyundai thing. At least the rest of the fleet are Mercedes based.

Or, if one of them did 're-animate', I don't think I'd want to know about it whilst driving as I hate having to clean the upholstery.

In honesty as a funeral director and a guy with a reasonable level of engineering brain i weighed up all the options when choosing a van to use for work bearing in mind it is all short journeys i was veering towards a petrol but no one does them..
Ford transit = Peugot engines - id rather eat razor blades frankly than run anything with peugot engine and geabrox
Renault Traffic = need i say more ?
Vauxahll Vivaro = Please read above, it simply a rebadged Renault .......ugh
Mercedes Vito = was a second option but the parts are simply too expensive

The choices were limited and frankly i dont do enough long journeys to warrant a diesel engine, its all short journeys to the local hospital or to a local home address, id simply ruin every filter in a diesel now with the short stop start journeys, so i really HAD to have a petrol.

after a bit of research it is my understanding they made petrol engined T6 Transporters for only about 6 months and not many of them either.
The other MUST was an automatic gearbox as both myself and my wife love them having had a few now in various cars.

But to find a petrol engined T6 with an Automatic box was like looking for a unicorn and then as if god himself was watching one suddenly appeared with super low mileage and i went and grabbed it quick.

Not only that but it was the 204BHP petrol engined version - christ it is honestly like a rocket and the DSG gearbox is a dream, easily the best auto I've ever driven.
Im honestly over the moon with it.
But the issue for me is now its actually TOO nice to use just for work ;)

I had no problems with this on my old leaky Kombi, but was struggling in the new transporter based camper.. then realised it dont have it :rolleyes:

Back