A little wave makes you feel good.

I get waved at all the time and the majority is by people not in a Transporter, got used to it now ha

Just become a biker........every biker acknowledges by a wave or a nod of some kind.
Do 'L plate' bikers deserve a wave or not? They are not proper bikers till they can ride without L plates are they :whistle:

Brilliant moment on the way home yesterday, another Team Blue camper was coming down a road near our house and we were waiting to let them through. My wife, sons and I manically waving (we're suckers for other members of team Blue).

The Chap coming the other way gave a slight tip of the hand to say thanks for giving way and his wife child in the middle were waving manically back, once he realised we were another Blue T6 not just someone giving way, the effort he put in to make up for the slight tip of the finger was hilarious.

I'm sure he was concentraiting on the narrow road, but it was like he was too cool to wave and suddenly got a telling off from the wife. We giggled all the way home (it was only a quarter of a mile, we're not taking Billy Connolley describing Lions and Antelopes).

Brilliant moment on the way home yesterday, another Team Blue camper was coming down a road near our house and we were waiting to let them through. My wife, sons and I manically waving (we're suckers for other members of team Blue).

The Chap coming the other way gave a slight tip of the hand to say thanks for giving way and his wife child in the middle were waving manically back, once he realised we were another Blue T6 not just someone giving way, the effort he put in to make up for the slight tip of the finger was hilarious.

I'm sure he was concentraiting on the narrow road, but it was like he was too cool to wave and suddenly got a telling off from the wife. We giggled all the way home (it was only a quarter of a mile, we're not taking Billy Connolley describing Lions and Antelopes).
Ok then....if your only going to wave at fellow team colours that’s fine....but Team Grey will get the most waves :laugh:
Then take into consideration lockdown...Half the population have a grey thing going on, it’s going to be ...Tsunami of waves :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok then....if your only going to wave at fellow team colours that’s fine....but Team Grey will get the most waves :laugh:
Then take into consideration lockdown...Half the population have a grey thing going on, it’s going to be ...Tsunami of waves :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wave to everyone, even the white ones.... But blue is just a friendlier colour, if your wife tells you to wave...

After our recent staycation in Devon and seeing just how many cool vw vans/buses we saw on a daily bases.
My question is are you a waver or a waiter, do you instigate the wave or do you wait and see if the oncoming VW waves.
Personally I’m a waiter, I tried waving but got burned lol.

I try to assess the oncoming van - if it's a builders / delivery /AA / plumbers van I don't bother, they don't usually know or care what they're driving.
If it has a pop top or is obviously modified or personalised (unlike mine) I wave madly without waiting for an invitation!!! :slow rofl:

I got my first wave last week near Newquay from an enthusiastic young lady. Full-on V-Dub thumb & pinky finger waggle (does this have a name?), very uplifting...

I got my first wave last week near Newquay from an enthusiastic young lady. Full-on V-Dub thumb & pinky finger waggle (does this have a name?), very uplifting...
I thought that was the ‘VW Wave’.

I had a 5.1, a few years ago. Nothing. It did look like I’d just hired it from enterprise, Boggo standard highline. Then I got the 6, and decided to add some bits. First thing, was to ditch the claytons for Devonports. As I left the garage that swapped them, I got a wave. I am sure it was the wheels, I was well chuffed, and a converted waver. Mine now looks like the accessory brochure, so get a few back. Thanks, if that’s you guys & gals

Back