A little wave makes you feel good.

I've had just 2 waves from several hundred T5 and T6 drivers. I've given up now. It's clearly not a thing.

I've had quite a few waves off other T6 owners, not many off T5 owners though :(

I wave as it costs nothing and gives about a 50% return on the investment in effort.

Only types I don't automatically wave to are the gangsta lean types but that can back fire if they throw a gang sign and I don't have time to reply with an 18th Street Crew backatcha... too cool for school in my lardy camper!

It tends to be something between modified ones or ones with many windows, whether they are 5's or 6's.

I got a few when I first had mine from both 5 and 6 camps, probably because it has a private plate, so more likely to be personal transport. More so when I put LEDs in the H7's DRLs, now even more with the new headlights and splitter.

I don't wave back tho', cos I'm a miserable, unsociable git.

Converted campers that'll be me then... we're a pretty needy bunch... want to modify our vans but went in an odd direction.

OT and we're sitting in a caravan site just up the road from the Busfest/Malvern showground, really dark and quiet tonight...can I say though that that was the best, ok, our only big meet so far but absolutely brilliant!

Only wave to campervans. Usally look for Garland hanging from the mirror. Get around 80% return from all varieties of transporter.

I get the same. The 4 owners seem more enthusiastic, but still the local 5s and 6s wave now and again.
I think it’s at the stage now where pretty much all T4s are campers owned by enthusiasts, T5s and 6s still have the majority being used as “just a van” not driven by their owners.

I think it’s at the stage now where pretty much all T4s are campers owned by enthusiasts, T5s and 6s still have the majority being used as “just a van” not driven by their owners.

Agree with this. Its not always easy to tell if a van is owned by an enthusiast. Our T6 camper is a good example - from the front it is pretty much stock. We still try to remember to wave.

I had the same problem with my Series 2a Land-Rover. I must have bemused several local farmers initially.

Pete

Driving through Italy last week I had many locals waving at me through my tailgate window, probably because I was sticking to what seemed like a very optional speed limit.

Living in the Lakes I always wave as it’s only polite and if I’m too busy or engrossed in my driving I put Mrs M on wave duty. Must be said though I only get about a 20% return on waves.

upload_2019-10-19_21-33-11.jpeg

upload_2019-10-19_21-33-11.png

Back