A little wave makes you feel good.

Rob

VIP Member
T6 Guru
having been in many t4's and t5's (although never owned one) it was always nice to see a little wave when passing another transporter which I was quite liking the idea of joining the VW family when I got my t6, but one I have noticed that it is very hit and miss wether people wave or not.

I can not even tie it down to certain types because I know there are a lot of just company vans on the road but I am talking about modded t4/t5's etc.

Is it that some of them really don't like t6 owners or are they just miserable bas**rds?

I think it can be quite random not a lot of logic to it.
I'm a biker and lots of bikers give each other the "nod" when passing each other but I tend to find during the week not much nodding as its day to day riders commuting etc but on weekends its nod central everywhere and the bikes come out of garages when sunny, I'm lucky enough to live on the edge of Dartmoor National Park which is full of great biking roads and is a weekend magnet for bikers so notice it quite a lot.

I've noticed that too. I'm new to the waving game but it's quite fun. Agree, hit and miss - get a lot of waves from T4's - seem a friendly bunch round by me. Had a thumbs up from a police bike the other week too.

I'm a waver, and must admit had more responses when I had the T5, just get a lot of blank stares now even from T5.1 owners in modded vans. Maybe everyone isn't VW T* obsessed like me.

Lol same I wave. Some wave back some don't. Mrs laughs like mad and calls me a geek when they don't want wave back. Lol. I think we should make a rule now, everyone waves. If your part of other forums or groups, spread the word. Let's make the world a more wavey place :)

I am glad it's not just me. Like Pauly being biker it just comes natural to give a nod to bloke (or women for that matter) coming the opposite way and no matter were you park up you can speak to other bikers as if you have known them for years and that's kind of what I was expecting from the Vdub family but clearly not everyone is as friendly as us lot.

Yer I'm a biker too. Not on the road anymore tho. Just track now, but again you can chat to a lad or lass you've never met like your their best mate. Lol. I guess us bikers are just friendlier

I have to agree bikers always wave and friendly, i will be interested to see if there is any responce from vw transorter owners, when i get mine.

Out of 4 modded t5's (some clearly more than others) only one waved back and that was the least modded of them all. I might just start flipping them the bird and see if that triggers any acknowledgment.

Got waved at a chap in a T5 today. He waved back. Which was strange as I was in my Fiat Ducato works van. Lol

Reactions: Rob
I have had waves from a few. Trouble is trying to spot a keen VW enthusiast or a tradesman with a nice choice of van.

I know what you mean but I've decided that I am going to sulk and not play this game anymore unless they wave first.

well i have had the t6 a week now and no luv shown from any transporters at all o_O

I've had mine a few months and only one person has ever thumbs upped and that was another T6
Has more when its parked though, plenty of people like to have a look, normally T5 owners checking out the differences, or lack of apparently :speechless:

I've had mine a few months and only one person has ever thumbs upped and that was another T6
Has more when its parked though, plenty of people like to have a look, normally T5 owners checking out the differences, or lack of apparently :speechless:

its not just me then !

the guy from for opposite my house did come running over when i arrived with it, until his wife summoned him back :)

I've stopped waving now because to wife I looked like an idiot with no friends but I seen loads today and not one of them waved apart from a guy in a transit which clearly thought I was something else but it was a wave all the same lol so I will take that.

I wave, had quite a few people come talking to me too when I'm either parking up or going.

Back