A little wave makes you feel good.

well having spent the last few days in Dorset I've given up waving. Hardly anyone bothers to wave back. Further north you seem to get a much better response. May be a southern thing or the fact almost every other vehicle is a vw camper so everyone's arms are worn out

well having spent the last few days in Dorset I've given up waving. Hardly anyone bothers to wave back. Further north you seem to get a much better response. May be a southern thing or the fact almost every other vehicle is a vw camper so everyone's arms are worn out
I would’ve waved, I always wave. I reckon I only get about a 25% success rate of people waving back though.

Don’t let them bother you keep waving if they pass with out even giving you a look
give them the finger they won’t see you there way past behind you
if I had given in my VW SPIRIT would be gone and they may get the second wave FIRST
but we don’t do this too fellow DUBBERs so I agree they must be tired
but your right up north we always wave hence the YORKSHIRE spirit
come on DUBBERS keep in the mood you got the van so give the wave man
keep safe everyone ok xxx Royboy

I get more waves in my Smart ForTwo.
This I can agree with I owned a smart four two and I loved it so much very quick fun sweet thing
only draw back was that crappy gear box if you booted it the thing didn’t know what to do
it would wait till revs dropped off then change so
I always used the manual gear change for fast set offs lol great car and always got waves
I must buy cars you need too wave from lol smarts and Vw T6s Thanks again Royboy

Don’t let them bother you keep waving if they pass with out even giving you a look
give them the finger they won’t see you there way past behind you
if I had given in my VW SPIRIT would be gone and they may get the second wave FIRST
but we don’t do this too fellow DUBBERs so I agree they must be tired
but your right up north we always wave hence the YORKSHIRE spirit
come on DUBBERS keep in the mood you got the van so give the wave man
keep safe everyone ok xxx Royboy

Just spent three days in North Yorkshire and have waved our hands off. We're back on Tuesday for more waving in and around Ingleton. Keep waving Dave & Jaine

I do if I see it coming but most of the time it's at the last minute and it's gone before I realize its a T5/6 or any other VW camper.:eek:

Reactions: CAB
I wave ...:waving: but only if i know Its not the white van man .....oh so grumpy ..should have got a grey van:rofl:

Not that many T6 campers in Australia but the number is slowly growing. If we wave at T6‘s we are usually greeted with a puzzled look. Not at all like the days when we drove a Defender. The arm grew tired but the exercise was good.

Apologies to the Kombis and works vans out there, after 100% blanks I’ve stopped waving at them. I should start again as it does no harm to not get a response.

I should also stop waiting to see if they wave at me as like someone else has mentioned often you can’t see into the vans anyway so I’m possibly blanks other wavers! :oops:

I got a funny wave from an Audi driver the other day, after I waved at him to thank him for letting me out, he had his hand in a loose fist and was waving it side to side. Not sure what that was about but maybe he wasn’t letting me out :)

Apologies to the Kombis and works vans out there, after 100% blanks I’ve stopped waving at them. I should start again as it does no harm to not get a response.

I should also stop waiting to see if they wave at me as like someone else has mentioned often you can’t see into the vans anyway so I’m possibly blanks other wavers! :oops:

I got a funny wave from an Audi driver the other day, after I waved at him to thank him for letting me out, he had his hand in a loose fist and was waving it side to side. Not sure what that was about but maybe he wasn’t letting me out :)

That’s funny....I also get waves from bmw drivers there a friendly lot. :waving: :waving:

Ignore the above. What I was trying to say was that on Sunday I got a similar funny wave from a motorcyclist who sat on my rear bumper for miles along the A65. He didn't seem to understand that in a Kombi the speed limits can be different for us or perhaps it was because his mate had left him standing!

Back