A little wave makes you feel good.

Never really thought about this until this evening - had a T6 work Kombi wave at me and caught me out and then a T5 wave as I overtook on the motorway.

It is real - very real !!

Last edited:
Had two none wavers yesterday - I'm going to start getting their registration plates and naming and shaming :mad:

I'm currently in Swanage Dorset, or as my teenage daughter tells her Instagram addicted status hungry friends SW Ànage. Anyway I've waved at loads of T6, T5 & T4's.... Nothing:thumbsdown:. Bunch of miserable hits, they all seem too serious or cool to acknowledge others. I'm clearly not a builders Van (pop top, lowered, garland, alloys, splitter & T6 Forum sticker) anyway I shall carry on waving:thumbsup:

There is loads down here, I'm on a small campsite, just a field in effect, 17 transporters in total camping in various forms.
www.tomsfieldcamping.co.uk - Home

Can't believe this. I get waves all the time both reciprocated or offered.

Around the Highlands for the last week I've had no return wave from anyone all week until yesterday when coming round a corner, a young couple in a silver T5 enthusiastically waved and smiled. Unfortunately I didn't react quick enough as I'd given up so no doubt they thought of me as a miserable non-waver. Was so determined to react quicker after that and ended up waving at a Touran and a Landcruiser :rolleyes:
The funny thing was, they both waved back straight away :rofl:

It’s bizarre, has to be a regional thing! I went to Wales and from the moment I crossed the boarder going in, every single Transporter variant got a wave, and returned a wave. Come back into England - bog all!

I've always waved and had waves back.
From lots of T4,T5 and T6. However, if it's a converted coach built VW they extend not to wave.

GO ON WAVE, what's the worst that can happen!

We have had only one wave since we got our van (unconverted). I am holding out hope that once we get a pop-top on that people will maybe recognise it as a fun van rather than a work van. We used to get waves all the time in our bongo and it made me feel like part of a community, that if something went wrong there were people to help... I haven't seen that with VW.
Fingers crossed it improves.

P.S - if you see a normal grey van in the highlands with someone waving, that will be us. My husband finds it embarrassing as no-one has really waved back. If more people waved then he would do it.
:)

Loads of waves where ever I go :waving:

But I do forget when I'm in my works transit and that's where I get some funny looks or they think I'm taking the mick

If met with no wave and a miserable face, just wave and smile and think oh well at least one of us is having a good day :mexican wave:

Last edited:
I got waves!!

Sadly, the first wave I missed as I thought we had missed the turnoff we needed. Husband told me about it afterwards. Gutted as it was our first ever wave in the veedub.
:(

Second wave was a guy in Banff. I think he maybe thought we were crazy. He kinda did this half wave thing.
:laugh:

Fingers crossed that there are more waves coming. I love the community aspect of camping.
:D

Can I just reply with my experiences while driving my '69 bus.
The angle and tint on newer windscreens it makes it difficult to see you waving at me, unless you're hanging out of the door window.
I had a rather irate T5 driver accost me at Summerleaze car park in Bude for being ignorant. What a dick, didn't see you mate.

My first few weeks of driving I got all but 1 fellow t6 owner wave. At first my brother laughed and said did you just wave at a random person. I drove to Holland last week and didn't get a single wave back until I was lined up at the Euro tunnel waiting to board for Calais.

I drove past a t6 last night and put my hand up to acknowledge a fellow t6 owner and they just looked at me like I was stupid. Turns out it was the Sales Manager from the place I bought my van. Very ignorant Kevin. o_O:D

Back