4Motion - Underslung gas

Amileser

Hello,

So I'm currently in the process of converting our T32 SWB 4Motion into a Swamper camper and all currently is going good and to plan.... so far.
Touch wood.

i know there isn't a space to mount the LPG tank under the vehicle as standard due to the Diff being in the desired mounting place for the tanks.

I'm planning on mounting the spare wheel on the bar doors so this would free up the spare wheel space for the possible placement of an LPG Tank right ?

Has anyone on here done the same with a 4motion or have any other suggestion on externally mounting LPG?

cheer

I guess you could fit a toroidal lpg tank where the spare was. I had one of those on my Discovery years ago.

Yeah I have seen these this is the kinda thing I was thinking of, happy to dive in and trouble shoot my way through mounting one. I was just interested if anyone else had done one previously that could point out if there is anything in particular I should be careful doing or if it's a straight fit for certain tanks

Any one put an underslung gas tank in the spare wheel well of the spare wheel well of a 4motion T6 as I am looking at getting it done save a bit of space inside the van and have a BBQ connection outside

Yeah I have seen these this is the kinda thing I was thinking of, happy to dive in and trouble shoot my way through mounting one. I was just interested if anyone else had done one previously that could point out if there is anything in particular I should be careful doing or if it's a straight fit for certain tanks
did you ever fit a gas tank to your 4motion

We have done it on our T5.1 and we love it. We had it done in Propex down in Ringwood. We had a Propane heater installed too, also in the wheel well next to the tank, plenty of room for it, we have the fill point and BBQ point on the back low down.

Had gas on gmc and chevy dayvans… underslung but they sit alot higher… spare wheel tank will do you

Back