BBQ point for underslung gas tank?

peterkelly786

Hi there, apologies if this has already been answered. I'm in the process of purchasing a new VW camper conversion and it comes with an underslung gas tank for cooking, diesel heater for the heating. I love my Cadac gas bbq and was wondering if many people get a BBQ gas point added to their underslung tank? It would save having to carry an extra gas cyclinder. There isn't a BBQ point on the underslung tank currently included. Is this a popular/good idea, and is it an expensive/difficult thing to add? Just keen on your thoughts. I assume it would go under the back of the van's bumper, near the fill point for the tank?
Thanks!

I’ve got an underslung and bbq point next to the fill point… not sure of cost / ease to install but its get used a lot - handy to cook under the tailgate if raining etc

I advise fitting an isolating ball valve before the socket for the BBQ hose. No quick connector can be guaranteed 100% leak free.

Definitely
I hope QRC's are 100% leak free - I've got a pressure test with hydraulic oil to complete @ 450 bar (6,500 PSI) next week!! :eek:

I hope QRC's are 100% leak free - I've got a pressure test with hydraulic oil to complete @ 450 bar (6,500 PSI) next week!! :eek:
I also worked with hydraulics, horse for courses, different industry standards.
Higher pressures can seal better than lower pressures if within spec’
Somebody drops the BBQ hose in the mud and sticks it in the outlet, yes it’ll work but is that seal still good?

Hi there, apologies if this has already been answered. I'm in the process of purchasing a new VW camper conversion and it comes with an underslung gas tank for cooking, diesel heater for the heating. I love my Cadac gas bbq and was wondering if many people get a BBQ gas point added to their underslung tank? It would save having to carry an extra gas cyclinder. There isn't a BBQ point on the underslung tank currently included. Is this a popular/good idea, and is it an expensive/difficult thing to add? Just keen on your thoughts. I assume it would go under the back of the van's bumper, near the fill point for the tank?
Thanks!
I would definitely ask your converter to add the manual isolation valve & a BBQ QRC coupling for you. Makes it so much easier & saves on another gas cylinder being carried.
I can't see it adding much more to the cost, overall.
As you say, this is generally where the gas tank fill & BBQ QRC point is fitted - under the rear bumper.

1636838730490.png

Last edited:
Back