• LPG

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Water

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Bynxy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I now have a space were the spare wheel used to be so my question is would you put an underslung fresh water tank or an underslung LPG tank ?

And why?

I now have a space were the spare wheel used to be so my question is would you put an underslung fresh water tank or an underslung LPG tank ?

And why?
LPG.

Because you can fill it up at the pump, store more, and negate the need for a dedicated locker with drop-out vent with it this way.
Water can be stored inboard in a Reimo tank (if you’re a single-slider) a large water container or simply poured from a bottle.

Spare wheel, nothing worse that getting a flat tire and waiting hours and hours for recovery. Like many you might be lucky enough to never get a flat tyre, but then again.......... with all the bloody pot holes in the UK.................

LPG.

Because you can fill it up at the pump, store more, and negate the need for a dedicated locker with drop-out vent with it this way.
Water can be stored inboard in a Reimo tank (if you’re a single-slider) a large water container or simply poured from a bottle.
just wondering them about piping it into the van, where is your kitchen then, is it on that side of the van and just above the gas tank? Im considering my kitchen in the regular place just opposite the sliding door.

just wondering them about piping it into the van, where is your kitchen then, is it on that side of the van and just above the gas tank? Im considering my kitchen in the regular place just opposite the sliding door.
Yes it is. The pipe work comes up roughly where the C-pillar is.

IMG_2875.jpeg

You need to base your decision around your useage. If you have a shower/hot water etc then you need plenty of water. If you just have a sink and tap then a 25 litre removable container will last a few days easily.
It’s very easy to remove the water container, clean it and also clean the submerged pump and also to drain for winter. Doing those things with an undertaking seems like a right pita.
Bottled gas is expensive and is a bit of a pita to change an internal cylinder.
You’ll save a fortune having refillable and you also open up other options such as having an external BBQ point.
I’m summary, unless you need to be carrying a hell of a lot of water then under slung gas would be my choice.

Hi, just from my perspective, I don't use gas (I have proper solar panels and ECO-FLOW units, that way I can move my cooking to outside the van (I don't want to live in a kitchen!).
I do, however, use water. I find it useful to make hot and cold drinks and when the family start to smell funky, you can even utilise water, for washing!
There's no need to remove the tank for cleaning, it can be done in situ.

Hope this helps someone but otherwise, just have a nice day :D

Back