Underslung water and gas tanks on 4Motion

Matt Hadfield

Hi all I’m a new member and after some help/advice. I recently bought at SWB T6 T32 Dsg 4motion converted Kombi with 2 sliding doors, I am hoping to put gas underneath and hopefully water fresh and waste water if there’s room, I don’t really want to loose the spare wheel. Has anyone had this done or knows what works best in regards to correct tanks or if it’s even possible.
Thanks

I have a single slider LWB 4Motion. Available voids are:
Drivers door step - usually filled with diesel heater, but you can put a tank here.

Offside cill - I have 27 L freshwater here, I think this is available with twin slider, but I could be wrong.

In front of spare wheel - NOT available with 4Motion

Rear quarters- both sides have voids here, and there is a user on this forum that made a very nice one for the LHS, and CAK do a rudimentary one for the right I think.

I have a single slider LWB 4Motion. Available voids are:
Drivers door step - usually filled with diesel heater, but you can put a tank here.

Offside cill - I have 27 L freshwater here, I think this is available with twin slider, but I could be wrong.

In front of spare wheel - NOT available with 4Motion

Rear quarters- both sides have voids here, and there is a user on this forum that made a very nice one for the LHS, and CAK do a rudimentary one for the right I think.

Found the thread

These are the void spaces on my 4Motion. They would be good to keep levelling ramps in if I ever get around to fabricating a bracket.

IMG_2614.jpeg

IMG_2613.jpeg

Hi all I’m a new member and after some help/advice. I recently bought at SWB T6 T32 Dsg 4motion converted Kombi with 2 sliding doors, I am hoping to put gas underneath and hopefully water fresh and waste water if there’s room, I don’t really want to loose the spare wheel. Has anyone had this done or knows what works best in regards to correct tanks or if it’s even possible.
Thanks
hi there Matt - newbie here also ,we have SWB combi T6 T32 same as you double sliders ours is pro converted and they put our gas and fresh water underneath - no waste tank - not sure tank sizes but can find out for you if you are further interested? ps
we still have our spare wheel * pps what is a 4 motion ?

Reactions: CAB
hi there Matt - newbie here also ,we have SWB combi T6 T32 same as you double sliders ours is pro converted and they put our gas and fresh water underneath - no waste tank - not sure tank sizes but can find out for you if you are further interested? ps
4Motion is 4wd (and if spec'd, LSD)

Hi thanks for your message, yes it’s the 4motion (4 wheel drive) that causes the issue as the prop shaft runs down the centre to the rear.

Hi, I have used a side skirt tank for waste water;

64A78657-A3A6-46C4-B5A2-6055DC6D1060.jpeg

And a spare wheel well tank for fresh water;
IMG_9163.jpeg

If you have decent off road tyres, the spare wheel doesn't fit under the van anyway! ;)

Thanks
Make if fitting an under slung gas tank the guy or girl doing has specific Gas Certs for doing vans as standard differ greatly from all other gas work. Would do it for you but I am in Paddy island in the north.

Back