Hi all,

Advice please on size of spacers to go for and if you need separate wheel bolts for them.

Looking around it all seems very confusing and experience is always handy in these situations :)

I have some Amarok 19’ Cantera’s fitted with standard bolts and caps currently, inc locking wheel bolts.

What mm spacers are recommended for front and back?

Depending on the above, did you need new bolts? And did the VW caps fit?

Any before and after pics would be appreciated :cool:

Thanks in advance! Mike.

Hi all,

Advice please on size of spacers to go for and if you need separate wheel bolts for them.

Looking around it all seems very confusing and experience is always handy in these situations :)

I have some Amarok 19’ Cantera’s fitted with standard bolts and caps currently, inc locking wheel bolts.

Thanks in advance! Mike.
I’ve got 20mm on mine - winter wheels are on at the moment so I can’t show you a photo.

However…
Spacers fitted today and I am really pleased with the result. I was worried the 15mm spacers would be too much, but they have pushed the rear wheels out so that they match the fronts perfectly. The van is really dirty so will clean it over the weekend and take some better pics.

Before I bought the spacers I couldn't find any reference pics of how much the 15mm spacers would push my wheels out, so for the benefit of others in the future below are some before and after pics of each side.

View attachment 41505

View attachment 41506

Hi all,

Thanks in advance! Mike.
I'm running 10mm front spacers and 20mm rear spacers and I did purchase longer bolts and yes the centers do fit 20210909_172157.jpg20210909_172218.jpg

Hey all.. Have managed to get hold of some Canteras which I am having powder coated shortly and wanted to check if I will need new bolts or anything else when I come to swap them over? I think I will also need centre caps but read some in here saying the copies end up loose, so is there somewhere I can buy OEM ones? Also (like many!) I have been unsure on which tyre to go for as all weather options on a 255/45/19 are very limited. These are on offer with 15% off with 4 and comes in at 628 for all 4 (600ish if topcashback tracks). Seems like a decent deal but is anyone running these tyres and can you vouch for them? Any alternatives anyone can recommend? Cheers!

Hey all.. Have managed to get hold of some Canteras which I am having powder coated shortly and wanted to check if I will need new bolts or anything else when I come to swap them over? I think I will also need centre caps but read some in here saying the copies end up loose, so is there somewhere I can buy OEM ones? Also (like many!) I have been unsure on which tyre to go for as all weather options on a 255/45/19 are very limited. These are on offer with 15% off with 4 and comes in at 628 for all 4 (600ish if topcashback tracks). Seems like a decent deal but is anyone running these tyres and can you vouch for them? Any alternatives anyone can recommend? Cheers!

Uniroyal rainsport 5's tick all the boxes. Been running them on a t32 for around 7k miles and do the job pretty well.

same bolts fit fine unless you use spacers obvs
i use 275 40 19 Acellera PH1-2 105Y XL on these wheels
very good value for money i pay £340 a set of 4
amazing grip too

I have the Goodyear in 245/45/19. They have been on about 15 months now and I’m very pleased with them.

There may be more choice with a 235/50r19 which is almost identical diameter to 255/45

I would have thought that 235's would be a bit narrow considering the protruding spokes. They just stick out past the tyre wall when I put a straight edge across them with 255-40's on them.

I ended up with Michelin cross climates in the size I wanted. Very good tyres and A rated on fuel so hopefully will minimise the impact of going bigger. Not cheap but the budget options were few and not so much cheaper that it was worth compromising.

Back