150ah vs 200ah lithium?

meza

I'm switching out a knackered 85Ah lead battery for lithium.
My only requirement really is to run a nespresso coffee machine(!), which draws 1360 Watts, so I'm anticipating a 1500w inverter.

I've already got a Renogy 30A DC-DC charger to install. Planning on adding 150-200w solar soon, via the Renogy.

I'm deciding between a Hypery 150Ah or DC House 200Ah battery. I really don't think I NEED that much capacity, but it seems I do need a large battery (or 2x smaller batteries) in order to supply the peak current required for a 1500w inverter to supply the coffee maker - eg around 150amps

1712495703582.png

1712495745904.png

There's only £22 price difference to get the 200Ah.

Hypery 150AhDC House 200Ah
Discharge A150A200A
warranty1yr3yr
Price£342£364
Weight15kg18kg

The Hypery has a screen on the battery and a power switch - maybe useful and save wiring in an isolator switch? The DC House seems more basic, no display or switch.

Consumers
- Fridge
- LED lights
- Nespresso

I guess with that much capacity, I could look at ditching gas (I have a hob but not installed a gas bottle yet) and use an induction stove or instant pot instead.
Ideally I'd put the battery under the drivers seat, next to the diesel heater - to free up cupboard space.

Overall what advice would you give? Shall I go for the 150A or 200A!?

I'm switching out a knackered 85Ah lead battery for lithium.
My only requirement really is to run a nespresso coffee machine(!), which draws 1360 Watts, so I'm anticipating a 1500w inverter.

I've already got a Renogy 30A DC-DC charger to install. Planning on adding 150-200w solar soon, via the Renogy.

I'm deciding between a Hypery 150Ah or DC House 200Ah battery. I really don't think I NEED that much capacity, but it seems I do need a large battery (or 2x smaller batteries) in order to supply the peak current required for a 1500w inverter to supply the coffee maker - eg around 150amps

View attachment 235897

View attachment 235899

There's only £22 price difference to get the 200Ah.

Hypery 150AhDC House 200Ah
Discharge A150A200A
warranty1yr3yr
Price£342£364
Weight15kg18kg

The Hypery has a screen on the battery and a power switch - maybe useful and save wiring in an isolator switch? The DC House seems more basic, no display or switch.

Consumers
- Fridge
- LED lights
- Nespresso

I guess with that much capacity, I could look at ditching gas (I have a hob but not installed a gas bottle yet) and use an induction stove or instant pot instead.
Ideally I'd put the battery under the drivers seat, next to the diesel heater - to free up cupboard space.

Overall what advice would you give? Shall I go for the 150A or 200A!?
No one’s ever complained about having too much battery capacity. Just make sure that all the ancillaries/cables/switches etc. are sized to suit.

not sure id choose either of those. . . to have in the same van im sleeping in.?

id be more interested in the safety of the battery,

what cells are they using
what bms are they using?
expected cycle life?
low temp charge protection?
APP for the BMS,?

you get what you pay for with lithiums, cheap batterys are normal cheap for a reason.

defo do you research before parting with any cash.

also as a FYI . . . for inverters,

you need 100ah worth of battery for 1000w worth of inverter.

so 150ah for 1500w

so 200ah for 2000w

more info:

Cheers Salty & Dellmassive

I went for the 200ah DC House one. It does have a low temp charge protection on the BMS, and I’ll be charging with a Renogy DCDC 30a which has a battery temp sensor too.

No bluetooth but I’d not expect it at this price range. I’ll be measuring battery status and capacity with a coulomb counter and hall sensor - less wiring to do compared to a shunt.

Did a quick test today running a nespresso on the bench and it worked nicely.

Back