£500 budget… t6 needs lowering. Thoughts…

Wilder86

VIP Member
Hi Guys, picked up my 2016 SWB kombi on sat. Love it but it needs to be lower to make it more of a ‘car feel’ and obviously the aesthetics too.
I’ve got £500 to spend. I know b14s etc are ideal but it’s just not happening from a budget point of view.
What would you do? I want to go about 40-50mm ideally.
Thoughts please- needs to be comfy to drive as it’s a family vehicle now.
Thanks!

You really need to be spending getting on for double what you've got to get the looks and the comfort you're after. Looking at where you are I'd have a word with @BognorMotors they'll run you through the options.

Talk to The Van Cave. Right on your doorstep, and works with CRS last I heard.

B14’s are not ideal. Do more research.

£500 will not be enough…

Hi Guys, picked up my 2016 SWB kombi on sat. Love it but it needs to be lower to make it more of a ‘car feel’ and obviously the aesthetics too.
I’ve got £500 to spend. I know b14s etc are ideal but it’s just not happening from a budget point of view.
Thanks!
If by ‘car feel’ you mean comfort I can recommend Koni special active shocks and just OEM springs. It’s over your budget (although lowering would be too, at least with half decent kit) and will obviously not lower the van but it’s probably as close to car like comfort you’ll get. Beefed up anti toll bars are good to get you car like lack of roll but the shocks do some of this and you can always add ARBs later when you have more cash saved up.
Lowering is mainly aesthetic (although benefits with some height barriers, especially with pop-tops) and can reduce comfort.

Thanks!
I recommend you save your £500 until you can double it (and a little more maybe). I too have a 2016 SWB Kombi. The first thing I did to it was to take it to CRS and have Steve work his magic on it. Money well spent. If you do half a job, you’ll regret it and then spend the money twice over putting it right.

I recommend you save your £500 until you can double it (and a little more maybe). I too have a 2016 SWB Kombi. The first thing I did to it was to take it to CRS and have Steve work his magic on it. Money well spent. If you do half a job, you’ll regret it and then spend the money twice over putting it right.
I also visited Steve at CRS and can vouch for the team. Took all the time in the world to be friendly and informative yet almost no time to do the actual work - just what you want with your pride and joy.
And yeah, double the £500 (plus £50 in my case).
Worth it though just to stop all the ridiculous cupboard latches rattling away in the back as I drive along. The ride is noticeably better and more enjoyable but the lack of noise was shocking.

People always seem to be changing their suspension- maybe speak to van cave if they are near you and see if there’s anything secondhand coming up if that’s within your budget -

Back