Yet another newbie

McFlude

T6 Pro
Hi I am a newbie who has graduated from the T5 forum following the purchase of a T6. I have previously had VW vans right through the Transporter range with the exception of a T1 split. I shared a T2 for a trip to Morocco in 1975 and I converted a 1978 bay T2 in the 1980's. Had a 25 year sabbatical from vans until 2002 and returned when I purchased a 1989 T3 Autohomes Komet which I intended to keep for one month after using it for a holiday in Italy. Sold it in 2014! Then bought a T5 and fitted windows and a basic conversion using plywood for the furniture. All sorts off mechanical woes prompted me to sell it after 18 months and buy an Autosleeper 2003 reg. T4 Trident. Sold this after the first lockdown and spent the summer looking for a suitable van to convert. Bought a 2017 150 Kombi one month ago and have started a conversion. Currently sound proofing, lining shall be fitting a Planar heater on Friday when I have access to a four post ramp. Skyline roof and RIB seat due to be fitted by Camperworx in Newton Abbot in December. Will probably manufacture the furniture myself to a design not yet decided. If plan can't be decided I will fall back on Eco.

Hi @McFlude Sounds like a great plan you have going on! Pictures soon?

P.S. Ah! Exeter way!
No pictures planned at the moment as it is just a grey T6 with insulation being installed so not very interesting. May post pictures if things get a bit more interesting.

Yes, Exeter born and ... but most weekends in bygone years at Braunton and Croyde.

Reactions: Jlo
No pictures planned at the moment as it is just a grey T6 with insulation being installed so not very interesting. May post pictures if things get a bit more interesting.

Yes, Exeter born and ... but most weekends in bygone years at Braunton and Croyde.

Nice! We would spend all our time around the beach if we could!

Hi I am a newbie who has graduated from the T5 forum following the purchase of a T6. I have previously had VW vans right through the Transporter range with the exception of a T1 split. I shared a T2 for a trip to Morocco in 1975 and I converted a 1978 bay T2 in the 1980's. Had a 25 year sabbatical from vans until 2002 and returned when I purchased a 1989 T3 Autohomes Komet which I intended to keep for one month after using it for a holiday in Italy. Sold it in 2014! Then bought a T5 and fitted windows and a basic conversion using plywood for the furniture. All sorts off mechanical woes prompted me to sell it after 18 months and buy an Autosleeper 2003 reg. T4 Trident. Sold this after the first lockdown and spent the summer looking for a suitable van to convert. Bought a 2017 150 Kombi one month ago and have started a conversion. Currently sound proofing, lining shall be fitting a Planar heater on Friday when I have access to a four post ramp. Skyline roof and RIB seat due to be fitted by Camperworx in Newton Abbot in December. Will probably manufacture the furniture myself to a design not yet decided. If plan can't be decided I will fall back on Eco.
Think I'm going in the opposite direction. I've have a T6 for 18 months and have now added a 35 year old T25 (T3) to the fleet - hope I keep it as long as you kept your T3. Welcome to the forum.

Back