T6 Conversion - The Plan (Feedback Welcome/Needed)

Weekend 3 Update

Managed to get the majority of the insulation finished and roped my dad into cutting plywood batons to size whilst I was cleaning down the floor.

I decided to add some of the 50mm fleece to the tailgate for a little bit more insulation.
Pretty sure I need to do the side door and opposite side but ran out of the first roll. All the thermo in the cavities is simply shoved in as I’ll need to route some wires there.

Questions/opinions ahead of next stage:
Next up I’ll be sorting the floor and the first stage of the electrics. Will be doing a standard split relay setup with a ~240ah AGM battery. Keen to understand where others keep their battery? I keep going back and forth between under the passenger or drivers captains chairs (these won’t be swivel chairs) or where I’ll be building the bed frame by the tailgate. Good to hear any reasons why people made certain choices as well.
In terms of what I’ll be having there’ll be 2-3 spotlights, 2x strip lights, 2x 12v sockets, Dometic fridge and 2-3 240v sockets for when I’m at a campsite.
Will also be topping up the battery with ~300W of solar panels

Ideal plan for next update next month is to have the floor down and most of the electrics in! Wish me luck!

1401577E-142C-4FDC-99C4-7F6A4D39AE8F.jpeg

434AF827-E7F3-4B1B-B6E9-3E2649CB3CA4.jpeg

I went under centre seat with mine (double bench in the front).
Front to keep the highest current cable runs shorter, and because I have other plans for all the rear storage.
Not driver’s seat because I have a heating duct coming in there (DCDC charger under there too).

Presumably you are using a DC/DC charger, not a split charge relay?

Weekend 3 Update

Managed to get the majority of the insulation finished and roped my dad into cutting plywood batons to size whilst I was cleaning down the floor.

I decided to add some of the 50mm fleece to the tailgate for a little bit more insulation.
Pretty sure I need to do the side door and opposite side but ran out of the first roll. All the thermo in the cavities is simply shoved in as I’ll need to route some wires there.

Questions/opinions ahead of next stage:
Next up I’ll be sorting the floor and the first stage of the electrics. Will be doing a standard split relay setup with a ~240ah AGM battery. Keen to understand where others keep their battery? I keep going back and forth between under the passenger or drivers captains chairs (these won’t be swivel chairs) or where I’ll be building the bed frame by the tailgate. Good to hear any reasons why people made certain choices as well.
In terms of what I’ll be having there’ll be 2-3 spotlights, 2x strip lights, 2x 12v sockets, Dometic fridge and 2-3 240v sockets for when I’m at a campsite.
Will also be topping up the battery with ~300W of solar panels

Ideal plan for next update next month is to have the floor down and most of the electrics in! Wish me luck!

View attachment 188206

View attachment 188207
Who's the scary person sat between the front seats or are you filming a remake of the film "The Ring"?

434af827-e7f3-4b1b-b6e9-3e2649cb3ca4-jpeg.188207

1676320656038.png

Last edited:
I went under centre seat with mine (double bench in the front).
Front to keep the highest current cable runs shorter, and because I have other plans for all the rear storage.
Not driver’s seat because I have a heating duct coming in there (DCDC charger under there too).

Presumably you are using a DC/DC charger, not a split charge relay?
Sorry yes. Still getting the terms wrong as I keep familiarising myself with it.

The passenger seat is tempting just worry about ease of access but potentially I’m overthinking how much access I’ll need

Back