Wiring reverse cam in a T6 tailgate camper???

SAF1981

Diver
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have a Road Angel reverse camera that centers between the number plate lights. I have drilled this point and placed the cam and leads through.
Now I need to access the +reverse light wire from this point.
Has anyone installed a rev cam in a T6 tailgate camper???

Yep, what's the actual question?

You can run your wires up the left hand side of the tailgate and through the rubber grommet into the van roof. It's an absolute pig to do, but is manageable if the connector is not big.

Easiest way I found to get to the reverse wiring feed was to pop out the N/S light unit and then find it on the back of that, then push the wiring back into the van, picking it up in the N/S d-pillar and joining up with the reversing camera wires in the roof.

Has anyone routed a reverse camera from tailgate? I have the camera above the number plate and the power lead coming from the camera to tap in to the tailgate light doesn't reach? .....any advice would be appreciated how to go about getting switch live to the camera, maybe not tapping into the tailgate?

@SAF1981 have a read of these…

Is this an aftermarket headunit you’re using?

If this camera lead isn’t long enough to reach the tail lamps, how will the image reach your headunit? Or is it wireless?

How far exactly does your cable measure/go to - does it reach the roof, or is the cable only a foot or so long?

If reaching the roof, are you happy isolating and tapping in to the black + green wire (I think that’s the reverse feed - do check the wiring diagrams to confirm) for power, or would you rather take power from the pin that sits within the tail lamp housing?

Have you got a rear wiper you can take power from?

@JB26413 had started to answer you on the first thread you created, but I can’t see what else you’re asking, hence merging the threads in to one.

You’ll find the answer to your first question is a yes, as a quick search for those threads above shows you the solution is out there.

Back