Led reversing bulbs and camera trigger signal.

T6Buddy

Just for info incase anyone else gets these issues. I Recently fitted two new LED reversing bulbs which were doing a great job lighting up the road when reversing, however I have had to remove the one which is inline with the reversing camera trigger wire as it kept triggering the camera to think it was in reversing mode and showing the reversing lines. Replaced just the one with a standard bulb which was wired to the camera and all all issues have now gone and the camera behaves as expected ! Hope the info may help someone out

How did it trigger the camera if it wasn't powered?
Was it doing it constantly or just for a brief period after changing out of reverse?

Kept triggering without any pattern to why or when, one the bulb was replaced the problem went away, I did wonder if the led stored power in some way? I'm no electrician just passing on my findings

Most LED retrofit lamps have active circuitry in them to drive the LEDs while still looking like a normal incandescent lamp to the van for lamp monitoring.

I suspect it was the lamp monitoring aspect that was passing enough at times to trigger, especially if the camera is just monitoring voltage levels rather than drawing any particular current.

You may find a different model of lamp or camera don't interact as badly but it's a bit of a lottery and if you're happy leave it alone :thumbsup:

Thank you @roadtripper for the information, very helpful ! I've left one of the LEDS in the reversing lights and that alone is a great improvement on the standard bulb, so as you say i'll probably leave it alone now ! Thanks again for your help.

Back