Winter Tyres all year.

Had Vector 4 seasons all year around on a transit for 3 years now, done 40k on them and I reckon could get the same again before they're done, but that's 99% motorway.

Is it time to put the summer wheels/tyres on - we’ve had a few nice days but still the odd frost?!

@Paynewright. I’m further south than you but I don’t think it’s been cold enough this year, at least for any length of time, to bother putting them on in the first place (even if I owned any!).

I normally swap mine over when the clocks change.
Statistically snow/ice is more prevalent during March/April - albeit we haven't had a really good beast from the east for a while, and this winter doesn't seem to have been that cold.

I'd love to have them, but got to watch the £'s at mo. They are very good tyres.
I’m in the Alps as I type. Running on Pirelli Carriers all season 3peak/snow rated. They’ve done 10k miles & have just been MOT’d /serviced & there’s 6mm of tread left. They stay on all year & I’ve no complaints. Don’t overthink it.

just renewed my crosslimates for new cross climates .and still got my spare in the shed as new on my spare amarok steel wheel.

Have a friend with a 5 series BMW and he left the winters on through summer. They didn't last to the following winter, they were absolutely trashed! Expensive mistake he won't be doing again.

It's worth having two sets of wheels and changing over for the time of year. Once you're over the initial outlay, you won't need to change either set as fast. Plus it save wrecking your summer wheels with the salty roads.

Back