19" All season tyres??

jonniebravo

I've got a T6 4motion T32 , it came with 17 steels and a set of 19" Ronal. R55's ( carnt find a weight stamp on em ) both sets wheels need a refurb, i would like to use the 19" , as they look loads better. So looking at 255x45x19 , all seasons , rather than all terrain , i would only need all terrains to get off muddy campsiites a few times a year .Any recommendations for all seasons 19" tyres with correct load rating for a T32? That dont cost a fortune!! Also seriously considering converting to a camper (or just get a crafter to convert another discussion!!!!) Thanks in advance....

Yup I reckon this is the sweet spot for T32s (at least sporty more road oriented looking ones unless you really need or want the look of AT/swamper ones!). Because I’ve recently got a T6 4mo T32 too and I’ve been looking at this.
A lot! I have a massive spreadsheet of wheel and tyre options with sizes (overall diameter, sidewall, load rating etc)!!

The 255/45/R19 seems to hit a good sweet spot specifically: slightly bigger than the sportline spec 255/45/R18 (which looks too small IMO and is actually smaller than the standard 17” OEM spec!), a good amount of rubber/sidewall without being too low profile or wide (like 20” options such 275/35/R20 - not load rated for T32 anyway - or 275/40/R20)…
NB note you can get this tyre in a 100 load rating but you need the 104 for T32.
(Edit - to be clearer: T32s need a load rating of 103 or above - but you need the 104 *in the specific tyre size under discussion - 255/45/R19 - which comes in either 100 or 104*, ie it doesn't come in 103 AFAIK)

So all-seasons? Yes although the range and price might not be so good right now…
(Do the manufacturers know these are popular when winter hits - even though all-season people buy now - but don’t stock a lot since still - sadly - a niche product in the UK??)

For example here’s the range at MyTyres:

Earlier in the autumn there was much more choice and much cheaper I’m afraid.
But you’re not going to go wrong with any of those brands…

Finally another option might be to stick some winter tyres on your 17” steels - even if you get some A/S later (when choice and price is better) for your 19” wheels…
(the A/S are useful still all year round for their M+S capability - esp the M/mud bit!)

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the Cross Climates for several years on the XC70, especially for the getting out of fields as well as winter. It won't make a van into a land rover but it gives you a little bit more grip to play with.

I've just changed the Caravelle over but it was a mission to find them in stock (I ended up picking them up myself) and apparently the next shipment is due to arrive early January.

Cross climates get a lot of good reviews although they are not cheap.
You'll only need a 103 load rating for a T32 aswell.

thanks all for the replies, such a debate getting wheels and tyres for a 4 motion. i put general grabbers on my wifes suzuki years ago and it was unstoppable. I've read a few bad reports on BFG ALL terrains being poor on wet tarmac!!! Not ideal for the UK!!!! I think the 17"steels and some all terrains but more road focused might be the way to go

Back