Change of winter tyres

RT76

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening all,

Thinking of a change of winter tyre, from BFGKO2s to Michelin Crossclimate 2 SUV’s as my KO2s are spot dated 2018.

Still going to run a size bigger - 225/65/17, because I like the chunky look for the van - does anyone have any thoughts on these tyres? I’ve run them on other vehicles before, but this will be the first time on the Velle.

Would anyone be interested in the K02s? They’ve got a minimum of 6mm tread remaining all round and tyres are good for 10yrs, by all accounts.

Cheers!

Which tyres are you seeking opinions on - the KO2 or the CC2?

The CC2 are a popular choice, plenty of threads on them and I run them on my Caravelle and likewise for many years on the XC70, though note my comments here that "Cross Climate" can mean more than one type of tyre which may account for varying impressions of capabilities in winter conditions:

Which tyres are you seeking opinions on - the KO2 or the CC2?

The CC2 are a popular choice, plenty of threads on them and I run them on my Caravelle and likewise for many years on the XC70, though note my comments here that "Cross Climate" can mean more than one type of tyre which may account for varying impressions of capabilities in winter conditions:

Definitely the CC2s.

I’ll likely be going for the SUV cut - I note that Tyre Reviews has done a fairly recent all season review where the CC2 didn’t come out on top… I don’t really need the bigger shoulder, other than for looks perhaps.

Van is short for vanity, isn’t it….

The Michelin CC2 are an excellent tyre. We’ve supplied and fitted loads. You won’t be disappointed.

Back