I have part numbers/prices but they are at the office (and i am not)

Only advice is don't undo the three securing bolts holding the wing mirror on until the door card has been removed and wires disconnected or else you get a mirror swinging in the breeze that cannot be removed

Hi Pauly, I just knocked mine and it broke on those three bolts. I've spoke VW here in NZ and they tell me that the part is a whole. Part one in your diagram I believe. I am finding what must be third party parts with a number of 7E1857000 all over ebay. They look like the correct thing and are considerably cheaper. Has anyone every fitted one?

Mine was three weeks old when a lorry on site stopped mine off ,was not happy .
Fortunately he payed for it and I fitted it,thanks to the information on the site was easy.

Don’t worry it is an easy job.
Feeling your pain

D027203C-ED61-4634-A90B-03ABAC2203B3.jpeg

Snapped mine yesterday and trying to remove it now (metal bit broke) Do the wires disconnect outside or do I have to remove the door card? Thanks in advance

Yes you have to remove the door card,remove the window switch first then there is two quarter turn clips at the bottom and I think from memory two screws at the top .
Then the rest is panel clips

Yes you have to remove the door card,remove the window switch first then there is two quarter turn clips at the bottom and I think from memory two screws at the top .
Then the rest is panel clips
You also need to prise the trim panel off the front of the inside door handle with a trim tool, there are 2 torx screws underneath

me too today and it was t5 parked buy me just ordered a bracket thanks hope it will work all mirror works and looks fine .thanks again for help

Gunna be having a go at replacing the metal swivel bracket inside the mirror which snapped off recently, any advice? Doesn't seem to be any guides on how to do this, I take it the door cards have to come off in order to get the morrow wires out, how do I go about removing the mirror casing?

Hi all. Just jumping into this one as a scrap metal pick up knocked my offside mirror off today .

Has anyone changed the metal bracket eBay item 292495499077 on a highline with heated and motorised mirrors?

I can't see how to get the wires out? I got the door trim off ok, but the plugs won't go through the hole to get the bracket out.

Any advice much appreciate
Alan

Scrub that last. I just realised that the door card is the triangular bit that the mirror attaches to

Well some w&€¥er just smaked my wing mirror off wile it was parked up.

The mirror itself is undamaged, no idea how.
Looked like a thing called a ‘Wing Mirror Bracket Gear Bearing Inner Bush’ is made to snap easily and I’m doing so save the mirror.
I’m my case that worked a teat. A replacement is under a £10.

Only question is does anyone have the instructions for how to replace it?

Iv got a t6 by the way with electric mirrors.

Do you know what parts you need ?
I have an exploded view diagram of the mirror if you want it
Every part is available separately but the metal guts form the largest part and include most of the fixings/clips etc and is the most expensive by far
Give me a shout if you want anything sourced or I can send you the part numbers if required

Hi Pauly,

Rather than start a new thread I thought I’d jump in this one. I’m having trouble sourcing a new Offside Mirror online, they all seem to be for the T5.1 and a lot of them say that they won’t house the aerial inside. Basically a lorry drove past me and wiped mine out... (B*****d) the mirror parts and casing are all intact somehow, minus the metal swivel part which is the part that attaches the mirror to the van. I’m assuming from your diagram that this individual part isn’t available separately so I was wondering if you are still able to get a hold of prices and availablity of part 1 from your diagram, or would you be able to point me in the right direction to get the parts?

Much appreciated!

Mark

Depends on if they are power folding etc
PM me you vin number and we can see what’s what

Hello Pauly,

Following a smashed off passenger side wing mirror and a bodge in Slovenia, I'm needing a replacement aerial bit.

I think its number 18 in the exploded diagram. Cheers!

Back